New Addiction... LOL. The Dark Side.

bcarlos

Brandon, I agree that LPS are very nice! I think I will stick to these since they have been so easy to care for. Only when I upgrade my entire setup will I try hard corals. This is all I can keep in my downtown apartment since it is quite small. Water changes have been easy at 15% each week. I just mix it in a bucket and pour it in. I use straight tap water too which I know isn't great but no where for me to "store" water. I retrofitted the lights and made a media chamber for compartment 2 with a custom drip tray. Also removed the false floor in chamber #1 and stuck the heater in there. Besides that, just basic upgrades!

I'm going to look at a biocube this weekend, just might have to join the dark side with you :)

hondas3000

should I be joining the dark side as well since I am getting rid of my current one :). Or Mike you can upgrade to 29G and give me that 14 one hehehe.

exoticaquaria

should I be joining the dark side as well since I am getting rid of my current one :). Or Mike you can upgrade to 29G and give me that 14 one hehehe.

Salt is fun but I have to say I still like my monster fish better! This 14 gallon is just to fix the itch!

exoticaquaria

I actually ended up going with the 24 gallon JBJ nano cube. Just got the tank set up and cycling over the weekend, and looking forward to getting back into corals.

Nice! I can't wait to see some pictures! I heard good things about JBJ Nanos!

I lost my fire shrimp today. Was barely moving on the bottom of the tank. Prior to today, I saw my peppermint shrimp being really aggressive toward the fire shrimp. I think that is the cause of death but not certain. Everyone else is doing fine. My first loss in this 14 gal tank.

exoticaquaria

Haven't had much time lately but here is a mini update. Haven't added anything new. Corals seem to be doing very well. Brain is growing out of control lol. I have to shift some things around since the brain is squished by the rock behind and the glass in front. Still trying to find the perfect small/yellow fish for this tank though...

photo3_zps13c059af.jpg

photo1copy_zps4147e1b5.jpg

photo1_zpsb648318c.jpg

photo5_zps30ff116c.jpg

photo4_zpscb140e45.jpg

photo2_zps99d61ea4.jpg

photo3copy_zps83adadb8.jpg

exoticaquaria

Few new pictures. Trying out my iphone 5s. Quality seemed to turn out very well. Itching for a new saltwater tank. Biocube 29 or JBJ or red sea?

photo1_zpsb98ce077.jpg

photo2_zps4a3e800f.jpg

photo3_zpse787e507.jpg

photo2copy_zpsdb63e005.jpg

photo1copy_zpsaccbce4f.jpg

cheon

Looks good. Funny I had the same setup with pretty much same stock. But threw in the towel after 6 months

exoticaquaria

Looks good. Funny I had the same setup with pretty much same stock. But threw in the towel after 6 months

Got bored huh? So far its still entertaining… Not much choice as far as keeping fish in an apartment. It'll have to do. lol

exoticaquaria

new year update.

i also see a few things growing out of my live rock. 2nd picture. can anyone tell me what they are? there are around 5 of them now. harmful or ok to leave in the tank? if they are harmful, what is the best way to remove them?

thanks!

photo1_zps43983ed4.jpg

photo2_zpsd83365e4.jpg