New camera... new pics!

frozen-fire

Still learning all the functions of the camera, but took these shots as soon as the battery was charged out of the package.
Even not knowing how to fully use the camera, these shots already show the colours of the fish much better!

IMG_0154640x480.jpg

IMG_0155640x480.jpg

IMG_0157640x480.jpg

IMG_0161640x480.jpg

IMG_0162640x480.jpg

IMG_0163640x480.jpg

IMG_0166640x480.jpg

IMG_0189640x480.jpg

m_class2g

Sponsor
very nice red arowana!! how big is he? i think i need a new camera as well. lol. which one did you pick up?

frozen-fire

aro is about 14-15 inches.
the camera is a canon eos 450D. so fun to play with :)

it's actually on a hunger strike right now. Hasn't eaten anything in a few weeks.
i've stopped feeding it superworms, but it won't seem to take shrimp like it used to...

Cypher

Nice. The 450D is a good SLR to start off with. Save up for a couple of speed flashes as well.

frozen-fire

Nice. The 450D is a good SLR to start off with. Save up for a couple of speed flashes as well.

What camera are you using?
Lets see some of your work hahaha.
I want to see how that golden red grow up!

BTW, love your TSX... if you still drive it :D
I'm thinking of getting an RSX, but maybe a tsx if price is right and if i can find one with standard transmission :)

frozen-fire

thanks.

what are your thoughts on my tankmates?
I'm thinking of getting rid of all the polypterus (5 in total), and just keeping the 2 tigers and the flagtail.

The polypterus eat a LOT and take lots of shrimp... I find the water quality diminishes every time i feed thawed shrimp to them.

For filtration, I just have an FX5 by itself... was going to add an xp4, but used it somewhere else.

Hmm... or maybe i should just keep the 2 endlis and get rid of the other 3?

RDFISHGUY

I like plan A. I'd still add another filter because I like to have at least 2 filters for the simple fact if you have an accident/malfunction you still have another to back you up. Now you've lost only half of your bacteria and the system can recover rather than losing it all in one shot and the results could be catastrophic. On my 230 gallon I used to have 2 FX5's and 3 AC 110's. Now I have a sump with 2 intakes and 2 returns and automatic water change system.