Cherry

2.jpg

Pearl blue

4.jpg

Last edited:

chen88

Super Moderator
Very nice Tim!

I haven't even populated my new tank and already thinking of next project. Was looking at potentially starting a small tank of less then 100 gal for plants, shrimps and l46's. What size is the tank that you have your shrimps in Tim?

I have absolutely no room left on the ground floor and can't get anything bigger then a 4ftr downstairs so the smaller the better, mind you I'll be using a fx5 or pro 3 to run it:)

Last edited:

homebrewed

Super Moderator
nice photos. They are so clear :)

Thanks Charles :)
They are a lot easier to photograph then fish thats for sure. Tonight I hope I can shoot the rest of the shrimp I got from you guys.

Very nice Tim!

I haven't even populated my new tank and already thinking of next project. Was looking at potentially starting a small tank of less then 100 gal for plants, shrimps and l46's. What size is the tank that you have your shrimps in Tim?

I have absolutely no room left on the ground floor and can't get anything bigger then a 4ftr downstairs so the smaller the better, mind you I'll be using a fx5 or pro 3 to run it:)

Thanks Chen :D

The Golden Bees are in a custom 12"x12"x10" (6.2gal) tank I built. Its more of a low tech planted tank and is perfect show piece on my end table beside the couch. I made a DIY mini canister filter as well as custom compact florecent canopy which is pumping out 48 watts of light for the plants. It was setup 2 weeks ago so the plants should just start to take off. I'll take some full tank shots when I finish the detail work to the stand and canopy.

As for the rest I built a 41"x18"x12" tank and divided into 3 for some Crystal Blacks, Crystal Reds, Pearl Blues, and yellows. filtering with hydro sponges and lights are just a 4' shop light. I made this just to land fish and sell them, but its working out pretty well for the shrimp. I think I will make a few custom tanks for the shrimp when their numbers start to increase and I want to show case them a bit better.

homebrewed

Super Moderator
very nice! Any pics of the crystal variants?

I have Crystal Blacks but taking a picture of them has been impossible. They stay at the back of the tank and deep in the moss.
I had some A/B grade but lost them last year from some stupidity. I'd like to get some S grade CRS and give them another go.

Great pics. I love those Golden Bee's; don't see them around here too often.

Yeah they look great. I really hope I produce a lot. My mini tank looks empty with only 8.