nikon camera

lo sai

Just got myself a nikon D90 (body only)
looking for a lens to go with it, something I can take good shots of my fish, and everything else....

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Pick up a lens from one of those big box Seattle camera shops in Washiington State on a day trip. I heard on the news Washington State just waived their sales tax for BC residents. Goes into effect July 1, the same day the HST starts. ;)

eddie

Welcome to the Nikon's Family.
I would suggest get a used AF MICRO 60mm 2.8F (the older model) with a polarizer filter. With the aperture at F2.8 you can use a higher shutter speed, so you can "freeze the fish".
Approx. $350 with filter.

RTG_Gerry

Super Moderator
The 18-200mm is a very nice general purpose lens and can be just as fast if you're using overhead flash. I sampled my buddy's last week and I was rather impressed given the aperture of the lens.

I know I advocate big time for the 60mm f/2.8, but for general purposes, I'll be recommending the 18-200mm in the future.

xenon240

Another suggestion would be the Prime 35mm f2/D, this lens would give you good close up wide angle shots with lots of detail.

neoprodigy

The 18-200mm is a very nice general purpose lens and can be just as fast if you're using overhead flash. I sampled my buddy's last week and I was rather impressed given the aperture of the lens.

I know I advocate big time for the 60mm f/2.8, but for general purposes, I'll be recommending the 18-200mm in the future.

^^^ i have both... i would pick up the 18-200 first....