Okay, I am just taking a break for a while from the forum! :)

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Hello everyone out there in Arowana land. I have decided to retire as an active administrator and poster of this forum.

Jeremiah from Vancouver (Yuppa) and Min from Montreal (Eken) will be taking over as the administrators. Neither of these guys has demonstrated any allegiance to Panda arowana. Eken has never owned one, and has no plans to for that matter. I hope for the sake of the community on the forum that this administrator change will allow for further growth in membership and involvement amonst all aro keepers. Yuppa and Eken will oversee an upgrade of the forum software; I think Tim (Homebrewed) might oversee the new banner contest (okay Tim? :) ). I am not sure what Kenta's plans are, I'll let him speak for himself.

To my knowledge there are now three online distributors of Asian arowana in Canada: Dragonfish Canada, Arowana Canada, and now Arovillage. It remains to be seen whether the small market for our fish is enough to sustain three online retailers. I know that the readership of this forum will appreciate the input of hobbyists loyal to all three distributors, as well as those who have gotten their fish from other distributors. No matter how the market evolves, I think there is a real need for aro hobbyists in Canada to have a place to meet, share ideas, and trade fish and goods. I'd hate to see the forum structure gradually get fragmented and splintered according to fish brand names. And that is why I must go. I am closely associated with Panda fish in the public eye and can be just too opinionated and outspoken sometimes. For these reasons I think it good that I give up administering and posting on this site.

You can keep an eye out for a comprehensive series of articles I plan to write this fall on the Asian arowana industry in S.E.Asia. I also plan on doing a major research article on the tropical fish food industry. These articles will take time, so don't be expecting anything too soon. ;)

Cheers,

Theo (Cirrus)

carcrazy

I for one have not noticed any distinct bias on your part and am sad to see you go. I am new to arowana and will greatly miss your advice and postings. Hopefully, you will change your mind and come back soon.

arl

I can understand your stepping down as an administrator but you going inactive even as a poster is totally unacceptable. You're an arowana hobyist so lets stir thing up abit here to attract more members and have fun. Part of the fun in aro keeping (and other things) is to talk and share it and posting in forums is the most effective way of sharing our hobby.

Kolewolf

Someone with your level of knowledge would be a loss to all Aro enthusiasts including other dealers. I understand you stepping down as well but as Arl said you should still post. There can be no checks without the balances, no ying without the yang.
Congrats to Yuppa and Eken, but condolences to those of us who will lose the benefit of your knowledge.

homebrewed

Super Moderator
Thanks for getting this site going, Theo.

Its brought alot of us Canadian aro keepers together to share our experiences and chat about some of our favorite fish. There are alot of beautiful fish around this country that I would have never known about.

As for posting. Reconsider and keep sharing your experiences with us. They make a great read and would be missed. :)

Tim :)

charles

Theo:

stepping down is good. But completely stop posting is not acceptable... I hope you will reconsider.

Charles

MananaP

I understand where you are coming from Theo,and i will support you in every way i can.From you i have learnd a lot and i got myselt deeper than i ever did in the hobby,thanks for everything. It is trully priceless and i know it didn't end here hehehe you're just 1 phone call away so it's all good right Theo?:D

Stephen

lo sai

Come on guys lets support his decision, I don't want him to leave this forum either but hes doing whats best for himself.
He might just miss us after a week and come back, but no one will know but himself. We all know Theo will be around some where over looking and peaking at the site.

Congrats to yuppa and eken

m_class2g

Sponsor
you will be missed. but im sure one day you will be back. the itch will get to you eventually. lol. thanks for everything though.

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Thanks for the encouraging messages and friendly phone calls; I am especially touched to hear from people I have never met. Okay, think of me taking a vacation for a long time. I'll be back posting again one day :)

King-eL

You will be missed Theo.... You will be in front of your 535g tank and looking at your aros and thinking, "I think I need to post pics of my aros and my tank setup to arowanaclub.ca".

DragonfishExotics

Thats sad news Theo, I dont think its fair to have built something then not be here to enjoy it. Do you think this site will be the same?

Sygoomei

I too am saddened by our collective loss. However I praise the light that you still have some willingness to come back and post sometime in the future!

We shall miss you for now...