Panda Gold Supremes

lo sai

here are the PGS I picked up from the last order, I thought I'd get some pics before they start fighting...

DSC_1453.jpg

DSC_1430.jpg

DSC_1428.jpg

DSC_1423.jpg

DSC_1410.jpg

DSC_1576.jpg

m_class2g

Sponsor
cute lil guys! with a lot of dither tinfoils i see. thats a good idea. i hope your comm works out. im almost tempted to start something like that. one day!

aznaro8

Nice PGS! What are you feeding yours so far? Have yours settled down yet for you? I'm finding my guy is still skittish as heck whenever I come near the tank. I would have thought after a week my guy would have settled down :confused: At least it's eating, so can't complain.

lo sai

yeha theres just 3 for now....
mine arent 100% settled, still a bit skittish but feeding on MP and crickets.

arl

How's the temperament of your aros? I got 2 from the same group buy and I have to separate them already since last wednesday. They're just whackin' each other, split fins and chip off scales!! I was hoping they can stay together for atleast a month but I have to put a devider now :D.

lo sai

arl, how big is your tank?
in the long run those 2 wont get along while growing out.
i did seperate the 3, the dominant one with the "perfect" fins and no loss scales was left alone in the 50gal. The other 2 went into a 7' tank, theres so much space in there for the 2 but they always decide to swing together..

maybe you need some dither fish?

Marius

I don't mean to be a smartass or something, but if you guys think of keeping these beasts in community setups 50gal tanks are not really the way to go, is it?

Past experience with larger fish, true, not dragons, but monsters nevertheless (Boulengerochromis pair for example, they max at 3' long) I found that overcrowding in a decent manner disperses the aggression.

Derek, you gotta get yourself a 400 gal already :p

arl

My 2 aros are in a 30" long tank together with 10 adult discus, 8 of which is atleast 5.5", and 2 pleco. I vacuum the tank (5 gallons) every 2 or 3 days since I feed beef heart to the discus and pleco. The aros also eats beef heart once but now they just eat pellets. Hopefully one of this aro will be not so agressive towards the discus so that I can keep it there and only have to move out one in a growout.
arl, how big is your tank?
in the long run those 2 wont get along while growing out.
i did seperate the 3, the dominant one with the "perfect" fins and no loss scales was left alone in the 50gal. The other 2 went into a 7' tank, theres so much space in there for the 2 but they always decide to swing together..

maybe you need some dither fish?

Marius

I'm sorry, but you really need to upgrade. The minimum, in my opinion is 180 gal (6'Lx2'Wx2'H) even for a juvenile. Larger space means less aggression?!?

arl

I will be putting them in my bigger aro com tank latter. I just need them to grow to maybe 1.5' first.

I'm sorry, but you really need to upgrade. The minimum, in my opinion is 180 gal (6'Lx2'Wx2'H) even for a juvenile. Larger space means less aggression?!?

lo sai

marius
my PGS in the 50gal is only to seperate it from the other 2 smaller ones,
also i can power feed the 2 smaller ones until they are the same size.
Then they can call go into the 210gal!

I don't mean to be a smartass or something, but if you guys think of keeping these beasts in community setups 50gal tanks are not really the way to go, is it?

Past experience with larger fish, true, not dragons, but monsters nevertheless (Boulengerochromis pair for example, they max at 3' long) I found that overcrowding in a decent manner disperses the aggression.

Derek, you gotta get yourself a 400 gal already :p

arl

It's an existing discus tank and I just put them in there for now. Hopping they will be good in this setup for maybe 2 -3 months. Then I will probably have to move one to an old 30 gallon that's not being used right now. The tank is in the living room so with the aros in there I get to see them often.

Why in the small tank tough?!? Easier to do water changes?!?