Panda XB Golden

xenon240

XB Golden from Panda, not including tail he is about 9.5 inches, approx. 8 months old. He eats SW, and MP. Taking Offers. Location Edmonton.

Attachments

• DSC_2361.jpg
    DSC_2361.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 1,091
  • DSC_2375.jpg
    DSC_2375.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 1,099

xenon240

It is not a RTG. It is a genuine XB, Pandas naming convention is XB Golden as indicated on the certificate.

EKen

Super Moderator
Please don't feel offended. But that is what I thought at first also. When a Gold (XB or RTG) is that small, people looking for an XB go for the level of crossing and the shine of the pearlies.

In your case, color tone can not really be judged, since the fish is rather young and small. But still, it does not really show any crossing or pearlies of the common XB, hence why I think Cypher asked you that question...

carcrazy

My aro is listed as a HBRTG on the certificate and was sold as such. However, she only has shine to the 5th level at a size of 12", so I guess she's really a RTG (I still love her though).

I just bought a few weeks ago a dynamic red aro that has yet to show any red at all (she's only 6"). Her shape and fins are very nice though and she is eating well so I am still hopeful that she will develop her color when she gets bigger. The RTG didn't get any gold on her scales or gill plates until she was about 9".

I guess it's not possible to say with 100% certainty how an aro will turn out, they are only making an educated guess based on possible genetics.

Your aro looks very nice though no matter what we call her.

arl

I don't mean to offend, but he does look like an RTG. There has been several incidents of mis-tagging/mislabelling( may be intentional or unintentional). We certainly don't mind for an xb to be mis-tagged as rtg, but the other way around kinda sucks. Hope he'll still develope into an xb, there's always that "very slow developement" posibility.

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Xenon, can you upload that video you sent me of your fish? I think it does a better job overall of showing its potential as an XB.

I agree that until an XB crosses it can't really be called an XB, so all there is left to go on is the cert. I'd be very surprised if this fish does not cross eventually, though who knows how long that will be?

xenon240

No offense taken to any of the comments, they are all valid. I will upload the video. I took the pictures in a rush hence the poor quaility.

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Nice video; shows good potential for the fish I think. It actually makes me want to raise up an XB now... :)

EKen

Super Moderator
Actually from the video you can see that it does have some pearlies coming along. You can also see that the scales shine reach the 5th row and starting to get on the 6th.

I assume this guy is in a black tank?

Marius

^agree. Yes, it seems that the setup is a black one ...not really the best choice for an XB ;)

Beautiful dragon though.

Yuppa

Super Moderator
obviously not rtg, 5th row is clearly to the top the whole fish, just not prominent yet.. as marius said, black background not condusive to xback shine.. on the other hand, we often see young xback with full 5th and core, some 6th, full pearls ect, but kept in white background.. many believe this artifically enhances their shine and is not permanent..

Cypher

Ok from the video, that is an XB. The pictures didnt do it justice. Too bad for the DE on the right side though.