Poor sting ray

steelheader

Woke up this morning and my poor sting ray was stuck to my pump on his left side now it looks brutal added salt to medicate and turned up the temp any Ideas on how to help cure this poor ray?

chen88

Super Moderator
yes...pumps and heaters are dangerous if they are too powerful and or not protector from rays nevermind other potential smaller fish....hope he heals!

DragonD

One issue I had was loaches nipping at the wound when one of my old rays got a little bit of heater burn. Watch smaller fish to make sure they dont make the wound worse.

skynoch

I'm also guessing that your ray may have been sick before this as even a healthy pup won't get stuck to a big pump. Like mentioned above isolate the ray as other fish or rays will bite at it and make sure you up the water change schedule for the next while keeping your water extra clean and healthy. Some people add salt to speed up the healing but just stick with clean water.

steelheader

No the ray was very healthy the pump was exposed just for current but in a day im surprised at how fast it's recovering I'll feed tomorrow to see an thanks for the tips everyone

steelheader

It sucks but I'm getting a black and white one forget what they are call dragon king in markham has pups for a great price so should make me feel a lil better

chen88

Super Moderator
Just make sure they are eating when you are there. Nice price for pups is short lived if they are not feeding. Ask them how long the pups have been there ie quarantine.

steelheader

Oh those guys are awesome they are for sale but not letting people take them home yet
They been there less then a week and eating now but they want to make sure they are eating consistent

fishpedagogue

Oh those guys are awesome they are for sale but not letting people take them home yet
They been there less then a week and eating now but they want to make sure they are eating consistent
I was there on Wednesday and saw those pups. The store had quite a few and most are already sold! Price was very good too!

T1KARMANN

you must treat rays like small children and keep pumps and heaters well covered

after all you wouldnt let a small child play near a open fire or with a chain saw