POTM & VOTM 2010 end of SUMMER edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boydo

Go get'em Marek! The wise instructor taught us well :)! Soon cricket will become grasshopper!;)

Best of luck to all the contestants!

chen88

Super Moderator
well...just a reminder this is the last week of the contest! Some AWESOME photos! and Vid's.

Wise instructor giving lessons out West? how about us here in Ontario? LOL

Boydo

LOL....No I don't need another book. If I were to win, I guess you'd already have the award for the next POTM contest;). Just participating for the fun of it and hoping more people pick up their cameras.:cool:

chen88

Super Moderator
Yeah...hope to get a few of member's photos!....

Deadline for submission is Halloween night at midnight!.....

Voting to start as soon as I get them posted! :) should be Monday Nov 1st!...will run for 2 weeks!

Last edited:

hustler

Lucky bugger ;)
Seems i have to re invest in gear lol.... Gerry...... Like chen said Please make a video :) atleast give us a fighting chance

chen88

Super Moderator
LOL...I did invest in the gear!...just not the gear in my knowledge!...that's more important then the physical Camera Gear! lol

hustler

LOL yup.... I have a speedlight flash for my cannon, tripods ect and yeah its like handing a hammer to a toddler.... Ill make it (in theory) work but i dont know what im doing lol

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Here is an idea. Maybe we should further develop the restricted part of this forum? Take special projects for example. We could turn that into a subscription service for which people would have to pay to access information. I would guess there could be quite a few people out there willing to pay $50-100 for access to a well put together photo tutorial series Gerry; further, I believe there are ways that the tutorial could be formatted such that copy/paste becomes difficult and time consuming. ;)

This way you could at least receive some money for the time and effort you have invested in this part of our hobby.

What do you think?

RTG_Gerry

Super Moderator
I'm not all that concerned about money, Theo although I'd never refuse it. I do like the idea of not being able to copy the info.

If Marek, Ryan and Bret think that the "clinic" I gave is worth putting on video, then I might be interested.

Maybe a dvd is a better solution?

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Don't be so fast to dismiss the commercial aspect, it could pay for an exotic fish or two. :)

A DVD is probably a better idea, best way to ensure nothing gets copied onto the net. If you go that route, you could make a simple banner advertisement for it, and sell copies that way I think. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.