(Pre-order) Frozen Centipede (about 5") in Toronto

EEYY

I placed an order to import some frozen centipede and the minimum order is 200. I plan to keep 50 and therefore I will sell the remaining 150.

Sample youtube clip. (PS: I am not the person who feed the arowana)

Multiple order to sell: 25 / 50 / 75

Price: $2.50 each.

This is my first order of frozen centipede thus I cannot guarantee this deal will go through.

I was told that centipede is good for red and gold arowanas in terms of color enhancement.

If you are interested, please PM me.

Thanks.

EEYY

One member (from other forum) already decided to buy 50. Therefore, I only have 100 available.

The supplier doesn't give me a "firm" arrival date but should be here around 2 months time.

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
This sounds really cool! Thanks for locating such a product for everyone on the forum and making it available! :)

EEYY

Updates: At the end, I only ordered 150 this time and should be in Toronto in 2-3 weeks time.

The supplier told me that the actual size is between 3"-4", which I think it's a good news for those who is unsure whether your arowana can swallow 5" centipede. I was told that three centipedes would be packed together.

I will post some photos when they are in Toronto.

If live cricket and/or mealworm are allowed to be shipped, I would "guess" that frozen centipede should be okay as well. But I will check it out.

EEYY

Updates: Centipedes should be arrived next week.

For those who is unsure whether your arowana(s) would take centipede or not, I plan to give out free centipede sample. One centipede per person.

I decided to set aside 2 packs (or 6 centipedes) as free sample.

Please PM me if you are interested.

I am located in Toronto

Thanks

Last edited:

EEYY

This is how they look.

DSC03378.jpg

EEYY

For Toronto viewers, if you want to get a FREE frozen centipede sample to try, please feel free to PM me. The smell is totally different from cricket and/or superworm. Please keep that in mind first.

If you are interested, I could meet you somewhere close to Richmond hill / markham area.

chen88

Super Moderator
can i have 10 samples? lol....good for you giving out samples Eric!...I might be up for a sample!.....how often do you feed your aro with them?

EEYY

Chen, I don't feed the aro. everyday as I am using pellets as the key diet and then mix with other such as dried krill / shrimp / chopped centipede. My way is to chop the head / tail / legs so that the arowana would be much easier to swallow.

Lemon, Yes but only prefer in form of bulk order (ie at least 250 centipedes per person) Also, it will take time to order things like that.

To others who PMed me. Thanks for your interest. Not that I don't want to give out more, I would say is more how your arowana(s) will response. I have to say that again, the smell is somewhat close to "Buckley" sore throat medicine. It would be considered as an extreme "smell change" to your arowana(s).

Will take time to do that...... :D

Last edited:

DaiDee

Chen, I don't feed the aro. everyday as I am using pellets as the key diet and then mix with other such as dried krill / shrimp / chopped centipede. My way is to chop the head / tail / legs so that the arowana would be much easier to swallow.

Lemon, Yes but only prefer in form of bulk order (ie at least 250 centipedes per person) Also, it will take time to order things like that.

To others who PMed me. Thanks for your interest. Not that I don't want to give out more, I would say is more how your arowana(s) will response. I have to say that again, the smell is somewhat close to "Buckley" sore throat medicine. It would be considered as an extreme "smell change" to your arowana(s).

Will take time to do that...... :D

How you managed to chop that up without gagging is beyond me... :p:p
I think it's too much of a smell change for humans lol.
Is it because it's been frozen and when the dead body starts to thaw it releases the wonderful aroma?
Or do you smell it when you chop it up?

Marowana420

did you see any noticable difference in colour since you started to feed centipedes? is it worth the money? $2.50 seems to be alot for a dead worm, since my breakfast this morning only costed me $2.99 and it came with a drink.

i'm not saying in any way that you are gouging anybody, it just seems expensive.