i have no clue i was gonna ask if anyone knew the prices
of the following:
CR
XB
RTG
straight gold
Fusion violet
around 6-10"
i'm planning on getting one but not sure of the prices. Dads gonna help, he once had a RTG he said "it cost 300$ back in the day"

MananaP

where are you from? in two weeks if Theo has one extra RTG for sale you can buy it for 600... i guess it was cheaper back in the days? :)

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Don't confuse RTG with HBRTG. Low quality "no-name" RTG's are cheap now in Asia; it would not surprise me if people are bringing them in and selling them cheap. Factoring in taxes, I think "name brand" (DFI, SABF, Quian HU, Raffles, etc.) HBRTG in the GTA go for at least $500 plus taxes? I would guess the asking price for such fish would be higher, but that the lower price could be had by bargaining.

Would anyone care to post some common prices seen right now around the GTA and also list the stores? It would be helpful to list the farms the fish come from and the specific type of fish as well.

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
the prices of RTG in Singapore has been steadily rising due to shortage as china's demand of RTG is greater than what the local farms can produce. Thus it might push up the prices of RTG in Canada eventually...

Sidetrack a little...:D HBRTG from Raffles Aro would cost around the the range of 550 to 650 cdn while a RTG would cost you 400 cdn. They will only be available in Canadian market in September. :) AroVillage Arowanas Canada is the exclusive distributor for RAffles Aro....stay tuned for more updates....

I think that is super that more Asian aros are heading to Canada. Raffles has a good reputation so hopefully more people will be exposed to quality fish. However, to keep this thread on topic, what are the prices like now in the GTA for various name brand aros, and what are the stores?

CHILLI RED

good buy! i have seen regular RTG for $380 before but yours should turn out better than them. 480 is good for hbrtg.