Red Mommon from Happy Breed Farm .....

EEYY

I was told that Dragon King has some Red Mommon available for sale at this moment.

Anyone knows about that?? :D:D

Hmm, personally i have around 20 parrto fishes in my tank, some BP some KKP, but those at dragon king has the highest quality.
Happy breed is the breeder farm at taiwan. Last year i was at taiwn the price of 1LG is near CAN$550, and there is only one in the show tank, the lfs has to order for me from the farm.
therefore, i think the cost is high for those fishes, and thats why so far dargon king the first one imported it to toronto.

EEYY

Sorry for the typo, it should be Red Mammon.

Any hobbyists in west coast currently looking for one right now?

impalass

Red Mammon/Ingot Parrots

I just purchased 5 of these beautys at 5-6'', from Dragon King Aquarium, the asking price is $220.CND.ea. with certificate and microchip.
Will post pics as soon as they are stable and eating.
I have 2 kkp +4pp adults and these make them look like stupid retards.LOL
(no offence meant),
The mature adult Mammons (BIG!!) with koks are priced $700.+

EKen

Super Moderator
I also saw them when I was in TO. They were really nice. But the best ones at that time was already sold or on hold... Maybe it was for you Impalass.

impalass

The hold / sold were not for me, I had my pick of 20-30 fish and went for 3 mammon and 2 ingots, trying to choose ones with the clearest eyes and longest fins.
They all went in my 90g and within minutes one mammon with the kok begining to show started terrorizing the others, ended up laying a good beating on them before I moved him to the 175g arowona tank.
This fish went phsyco on the 2 kkp+4 pp. After putting them in their place much to my disbelief he chased my most aggressive 8'' ngt around the entire tank for a couple of minutes.
Not being satisfied with those accomplishments he started bumping the 8-10'' panaques, which just ignored him.
To my relief, after making his mark he went into beaver mode and has been digging up the tank for the last 48 hrs.
Meanwhile back in the 90g 2 of the mammon/ingots are still faded and the 4 have just started picking at food that falls to the bottom then spitting it out. The mammon in the 175g must have ocd because he's still excavating, not interested in food.
I'll post sum pics as soon as I can corner one of my kids into taking the shots and posting them. My old 35m press here dummy camera has yet to be replaced and my computer skills are a work in progress.

PS. This is my longest post ever.

EEYY

The hold / sold were not for me, I had my pick of 20-30 fish and went for 3 mammon and 2 ingots, trying to choose ones with the clearest eyes and longest fins.
They all went in my 90g and within minutes one mammon with the kok begining to show started terrorizing the others, ended up laying a good beating on them before I moved him to the 175g arowona tank.
This fish went phsyco on the 2 kkp+4 pp. After putting them in their place much to my disbelief he chased my most aggressive 8'' ngt around the entire tank for a couple of minutes.
Not being satisfied with those accomplishments he started bumping the 8-10'' panaques, which just ignored him.
To my relief, after making his mark he went into beaver mode and has been digging up the tank for the last 48 hrs.
Meanwhile back in the 90g 2 of the mammon/ingots are still faded and the 4 have just started picking at food that falls to the bottom then spitting it out. The mammon in the 175g must have ocd because he's still excavating, not interested in food.
I'll post sum pics as soon as I can corner one of my kids into taking the shots and posting them. My old 35m press here dummy camera has yet to be replaced and my computer skills are a work in progress.

PS. This is my longest post ever.

If I am not mistaken, they look like parrot but the instinct is similar to flowerhorn.

Unless you put them all in a hugh tank (ie 300G +), you are going to see certain degree of fighting.

I was told that the larger size Red Mammons are teethless (being removed by the farm). That would be easier to mix it in a comm. tank. By just looking at them, you might not be able to recognize it.

Red Mammon or red arowana, it's definitely a personal call!!

impalass

rea mammon vs. arowana ?

EEYY thanks for your info,
I was thinking 'flowerhorn' too in regards to my high energy red mammon, and you may be right about the lack of teeth. When the mammon and kkp bump and lock jaws theres never any damage to either.
I dissagree about red mammom vs. arowana $$wise. Young 5-6'' red mammon = $220.00 ea. (list) which may at best get you a green asian.
1n theory these 5-6''ers will reach 12''- 1kg. in the first 1-2yrs.
Guess I'll find out soon enough, keep you posted, and hopefully I'll get some pics up this weekend.

EEYY

They could be pretty big in size. Not mine!!

Red_Mammons_and_Others006.jpg

:):):):):)