Would you Get a Red Aro or Golden XB?

• Red Aro

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • Cross Back

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters

chen88

Super Moderator
Hrm....had pretty much all the variants of Aros but the XB's....well....you can almost consider Reds to be XB's...but Red and not Gold!....or you can consider HBRTG's to be golds but not fully Cross.... :)

So....not sure which to get Red or XB...if they have a nice Blue Base XB maybe I'll go for it although quite rare to see those variants these days....

Yuppa

Super Moderator
in my opinion, xback, you know its going to be gold, only real question is full cross or not..

reds.. more worry, will/when it turn red? lots of heartache for many owner..

carcrazy

I do worry a little bit about my new red but I like the looks of a red aro more than a gold in my limited experience. My 8" red has only a few flecks of red so far but has a nice pinkish shine all over so I'm hopeful. The lips are very red and it extends down about a cm down the the throat under the barbels. Only time will tell, as long as they stay healthy that's the main thing. Both varieties are beautiful, though.

chen88

Super Moderator
I like Reds as well....but theres something about a Blue base BXB, not much into goldheads but yes a nice developing Red is very nice!

khungqua

Both of them have their pro and con. big tail and fin where gold xb has big thick body. Red has nice red lips. Red is more challenge to take care to make it become a beautiful one where gold is going to be gold for sure. My red has purple color shine on its back when it swim up close to the water surface you can see its purple reflection. it is kind of nice.