silver turn platinum???

babymack

hey guys i have 4 silver arowanas in my pond and 2 of them recently turn platinum.. i didnt know they can do that. have any of you guys herd of or had this happenbefore? i've had over 20 silver in my days and never had one turn like this.. here are some pics let me knwo what you guys think.

he looks even more platinum in person

plataro1.jpg

plataro.jpg

pond1.jpg

pond.jpg

hondas3000

Its totally stand out from the other silver. Are you sure it just recently? the color really so much different and how you got 2 of each pretty unique collections though. I thought pond prevent the DE.

hustler

Bro.... you want to sell em you PM me lol.....
If i had super reds turn super red i would be happy NEVER MIND PLATINUM LOL
You have something VERY special there.... Where did you get them from?

1goodcatch

Bro.. there is a big difference between your silvers and the Plat!
WOW, what ever you are doing, keep doing it!

babymack

Its totally stand out from the other silver. Are you sure it just recently? the color really so much different and how you got 2 of each pretty unique collections though. I thought pond prevent the DE.

yes sir they were all teh same when i put them in about 3 months ago!
they were raised in tanks till i put them in the pond that why they still have drop eye..

Bro.... you want to sell em you PM me lol.....
If i had super reds turn super red i would be happy NEVER MIND PLATINUM LOL
You have something VERY special there.... Where did you get them from?

whats up bro i'll pm ya... i got them from golds a while back when they were about 7".. im hoping this is a perminate thing thats is why i asked;)

Hey man do u work at urban expression I have seen that dog.

i did ya.. most likely i use to bring a diff dog everyday to work lol

Strange to see the two of them change....

yup thats waht i thought

What type of lighting do you have over them?

i have 2 normal energy saving bulbs on to clap lights claped to the celing..
one is more white then the other tho

Bro.. there is a big difference between your silvers and the Plat!
WOW, what ever you are doing, keep doing it!

ya at 1st it was just one then another turn so its kinda tripping me out.. had to take one out and put him in the 90 to check em out!

hondas3000

what chemical did you add in the water that change the color on them? hehehe j/k. It would be nice if I have one in my tank. So can I hope my silver will turn out like this as well?

hustler

Bro i have had many grandpa silvers..... and NEVER seen one turn like this.....
Very special fish you have.

James Sananikone

I don't know what else to say... So Amazing !!!

You're the only one who know what cause this mutation.

One thing that I know for sure is a million dollars recipe.

I'm in for the partnership...

babymack

thanks you guys! i really dunno waht i did or waht happend.. i would say the only differance was the pond and i had added a new silver a few ascars and a snake head..
but the snake head is now gone as he was picking on everyone

JMorash

A lot of "high shine" silver arowana grow up looking normal for quite some time. Generally they start off looking just like a nice normal arowana, usually a little bit lighter in colour, and better shine than a normal arowana and then once they reach maturity they go white. It wouldn't be all of a sudden though, you might notice a significant difference in a matter of a few months, but it wouldn't happen over night. I believe it has more to do with age than size though, so if you power fed your arowana and they grew up quick enough that they didn't colour up with age.

However the leucistic trait in some fish may not express itself when the fish is young, or express it's self when the fish is very young then turn back to normal, and then quite quickly they turn white when they reach a certain age. I did the research after my "piedball" trachycorystes catfish turned almost all black after being almost completely white for the first 6 months of having him.

Regardless gorgeous fish, you are very lucky to have them.

JMorash