So it begins

Mr.wilkinson

Sponsor
More pics are coming soon next step are the braces
@ ottawa im glad to hear your aro is doing well. bigger tank is always better lol

Mr.wilkinson

Sponsor
Man this builder is so sloooooooooooow anyways monday should be a good day hopefully i get some new pics then .
my fish are going bananas in that 220g of mine and im going bananas watching them go bananas jezzzzzz being a arowana keeper gets very stressfull often. i just want my big tank NOW

chen88

Super Moderator
its coming buddy!...it's coming....dont' forget to make sure the water is safe to swim in before you move them in!

AroNoob

ya i know i got to be patient. any advice on cycling that big tank ?

I'm going to be in the same boat in about 6 months.

I've cycled a couple nanos in a day and will use much the same principle but in a much larger scale. Lots of mulm, Stability and ammonia. I'm going to let my tank run with dechlorinated water for a couple days to stabilize. Then I'll clean a couple cannister filters in the water and add the mulm from all the water changes from my other tanks. Then I'll add ammonia to reach 3 or 5 ppm (depends on initial bioload) and Stability to the recommended dose. Then start testing and waiting. It will be alot harder for my Aro tank as it won't be planted like my nanos but I am also putting a very low bioload initially.

Good luck and keep us posted on how the cycle goes.

Ron

Mr.wilkinson

Sponsor
Ok i take it back the builder is not so slow. I am just being impatient . progress was made today
updated pictures coming up later today :)

chen88

Super Moderator
advice on cycling.....patients! :) and if you can start putting media into tanks that you have up and running now and start to seeding process....

Mr.wilkinson

Sponsor
ok so today overflow towers are in tank is drilled. 3 out of 5 braces are on. and first coat of paint is done whoooooooo hooooooooo baby steps baby steps :)

Attachments

• DSC_0102.jpg
    DSC_0102.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 526
  • DSC_0101.jpg
    DSC_0101.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 566

Mr.wilkinson

Sponsor
updates so got my pump got my highboy for mechanical filtration braces are on paint is dried doing the plumbing this week baby steps baby steps

Attachments

• DSC_0103.jpg
    DSC_0103.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 505
  • DSC_0101.jpg
    DSC_0101.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 462
  • DSC_0102.jpg
    DSC_0102.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 463

Mr.wilkinson

Sponsor
Well after many months of anguish here it is.
Still got work to do on the lighting, and aquascaping. Also i might change my pump to a bigger one but for now this is what it is.

chen88

Super Moderator
your water current looks pretty strong so not sure if you need a larger pump...looking good!!

King-eL

Nice aro community!!! Not sure if you're the person who I sold a green arowana and a yellowtail arowana.

King-eL

Thanks guys

Hey King-eL ya i got your green and YT .

Your RoseGold is missing in this tank :(

not selling it anymore. It's now reach the 6th level shine with intense blue base.

I will order another one next year around March. As I'm planning to get a yellowtail and silvertail at OTF.