Stinger Through the Head of my BD

Gumby79

Well my male must have not understood what no means, so I got the fun business of catching and pulling out a 3 inch barb out through his head. He's no little ray either so it was a bit nerve racking doing so, as you can probably tell in the video lol. He seems to be doing well and but I will be keeping a close eye on him. This is the second time he has had a close call, about 3-4 months ago he got gashed by one of the other rays and opened him up pretty bad. You could see right into his gills.

This is also the second time I have had to pull out a stinger out through one of my rays. The other time was with a female ray that was in that tank but I think she got that one sifting through the sand looking for food. There is a video of that on you tube if you browse through my channel.

Well my male must have not understood what no means, so I got the fun business of catching and pulling out a 3 inch barb out through his head. He's no little ray either so it was a bit nerve racking doing so, as you can probably tell in the video lol. He seems to be doing well and but I will be keeping a close eye on him. This is the second time he has had a close call, about 3-4 months ago he got gashed by one of the other rays and opened him up pretty bad. You could see right into his gills.

This is also the second time I have had to pull out a stinger out through one of my rays. The other time was with a female ray that was in that tank but I think she got that one sifting through the sand looking for food. There is a video of that on you tube if you browse through my channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHB2MyfOezw&feature=c4-overview&list=UUMDvEYNvWuwVfLvZfEmJJQA

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Wow, that is an amazing video! Your ray looks like a nice grade with those doughnuts. Good luck with it, hope it makes a full recovery.

bcarlos

Same thing happened to me with one of my male henlei. It is one hell of an adrenaline rush pulling out that stinger! As long as your water is clean, he shouls heal up pretty quickly.