tank bottom

CHILLI RED

Are there certain types of tiles that are safe to put on the bottom of a tank? I dont want to put gravel on the bottom and want the bottom to be dark colour. I was thinking of ceramic tiles but want to make sure if they will be ok for the water. I would prefer tiles to painting the tank.

jackson

This is a great question I have been wnting to do this in my pleco tanks and large pred tank but have not because I am scared of toxins that might be in the tiles. I have even called the companys that make them and they say we dont know. What the hell is that. I used to work at Home depot that is how I got the numbers of all the suppliers they have. Not one knew they said apart from we dont know you can try it and find out. What idiots.

homebrewed

Super Moderator
There was a guy on waterwolves that used ceramic tiles. It looked great

post-4042-1173319825.jpg

http://forums.waterwolves.com/index.php?showtopic=113429&hl=

I also know that Kenta had tile in his tank, I'm not sure if it was ceramic though

arl

I had rock/slate tile on my first fishtank. I got them from home depot but they're not the ceramic type. Can't really remember what they where called but they're 10"X10" in size and about 1/2 inch thick. They look like rocks that were cut to that size