Tanning My Red

Marowana420

i've been tanning my fish 24-7 for more than a week now for pics. am i going to stress it into a heart attack or give it skin cancer or something???

it seems to be working, how long am i suppose to keep it tanning for?

Marowana420

my lights are ghetto. i'm using a shoplight that i got from home depot, running 2 tubes of the plant and aquarium by philips also from home depot. plus the tube that came with the strip light.

DaiDee

Oh ok, that sounds about right. If it's a tube for plants it's probably around 6500k which isn't too intense. But having it on 24/7 is pretty crazy lol. You're hardcore! I'd stop if he starts showing signs of stress, like eating less than usual or not at all.

danfong88

I would not tanning the fish.... it puts alots of STRESS on the FISH. Colour can introduced by feeding high beta karatene products.

EEYY

"24-7", probably too long. Use a timer and set probably 1 - 2 hours per day (in my opinion) could be enough.

Planning to do that as well.

i've been tanning my fish 24-7 for more than a week now for pics. am i going to stress it into a heart attack or give it skin cancer or something???

it seems to be working, how long am i suppose to keep it tanning for?

Marowana420

i stopped tanning it 24-7 for a while now, mainly because the water is turning green and to give the plecos some swimming time. now that i have a UV light i might tan it again, but with lights off time for my plecs.