Thai Fish Catalogue

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
I have provided a link for a Thai fish catalogue here from a company I have used quite a few times. I am impressed by them.

I think you guys can have some fun doing some importing if you wish. I have not added any kind of commission to the catalogue. I am happy to act as a broker or trans-shipper, fee totally negotiable. Alternatively, you can just deal with the farm direct I guess, though then I would ask for a 5% commission on all future orders. Would that seem fair? I think that is the going rate when one acts as an agent for fish farms. I suppose I could embed that in the catalogue?

Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated, I am flying by the proverbial seat of my pants here. :)

http://www.dragonfish.ca/thai_fish.htm

:)

Last edited:

homebrewed

Super Moderator
Going by the pricing, would we have to go with full boxes of fish, or could do half boxes and fill the other half with another type of fish. It would be hard to move 300-100 of one type of fish here.

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Here is what I suggest - we should consider doing group buys amongst ourselves, for retailing at the next level in the chain amongst hobbyists looking for smaller quantities.

Thus, if we did group buys using the 1/4, 1/2 or full box method, we could add the fish all together to save on shipping costs.

For example, if Tim or Gerry in Winnipeg were to want half a box, Mike in Regina wanted half a box, Tim in Calgary wanted a box, and I picked up a box or two, we would be up to 3-4 boxes. The fish would be immediately trans-shipped on arrival. For Western Canada this should work okay, though depending on the fish not always.

Questions to work out would include how to handle DOA's. Provided the fish trans-shipped immediately we would be covered by the seller's 24 hour DOA. Beyond that amount of time we are on our own.

homebrewed

Super Moderator
How long does shipping normally take from Thailand?
ie, no missed flights, delays, etc

How much of a window would we have to make it a 24hour flight? All shipments I've gotten that aren't delayed take about 7hours from Van to Wpg.

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Usually Thailand comes in at about 24 hours from packing of fish to delivery over here.

The problem could come if the arrival time does not allow for immediate trans-shipping to you in Winnipeg.

Let me think about it and ask some questions.

homebrewed

Super Moderator
Thanks
I'm only worried about some of the touchier fish and trying to figure out how long they would actually be in transit. Potentially they could be boxed up for 30-45 hours based on my past orders from Vancouver.

Also, what does the list say after:
2. For your order by pieces, we will arrange into the same box with the

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Thanks
I'm only worried about some of the touchier fish and trying to figure out how long they would actually be in transit. Potentially they could be boxed up for 30-45 hours based on my past orders from Vancouver.

Also, what does the list say after:

Last line says they try to pack things to minimize shipping cost.

Unfortunately, I think the Thais make most sense if you can arrange to just ship direct to you, skip Vancouver and trans-shipping entirely.

This of course means more boxes of fish, really 3, need to be ordered in order to get shipping cost down.

I will get some national and international wholesalers on here soon who can hopefully give you another option.