The 19 fish tanks story in BC .....

chen88

Super Moderator
Wow. That sucks! We do live in Canada don't we? Sometimes you have to wonder how our government gets away with these tactics.

homebrewed

Super Moderator
I know a few guys here in Wpg where they've had radom searches, but the reaction was "oh, you're just a nerd with fish living in your parents basement... have a nice day". No fines or electrical inspections, though

mikebike

Hi Folks,
I'm mikebike/Mike Baynes.
This story has attracted a lot of attention.
I had previously had my heating system up graded to a heat exchanger/heat pump/AC
The Contractor ran the power through the mains side of the panel.

That had to be replaced.

The hot water tank they installed was on too small a wire that had to be corrected

I had a Walk in Tub installed last year and they too ran the wire through the mains side of the panel. Re wire.

The one we; me and the electrical contractor, felt was wrong to have to do was the full bonding of the ground with #6 wire continuously from the meter/ground rod to the mobile home frame, gas line, water line, television-cable, telephone.

It took me over 8 hours to dig the trench to bury the conduit and run the ground wire they required.

Had the electrician insisted on doing all the work it would have cost me at least another $1,000
Mike http://tinyurl.com/mikebikeonCBC

chen88

Super Moderator
Hey Mike, welcome....sorry to hear about your ordeal...bunch of dummies over there eh!....