Wanted Cheaper rays Vancouver

wmaher2

I am looking for cheaper rays in the Vancouver area...ie teacups etc. These will be my first rays so I dont want to go nuts and spend a ton on fancy p13's or whatever you gus call em. Looking for a tank mate for my silver Arowana and his friends. Pacu, large non-agrresive cichlids, bichirs etc.

Also looking for a nice knife fish

m_class2g

Sponsor
contact canadian aquatics on bcaquaria.com

he brings in rays all the time. vancouver area. motoros are a good starter ray. not too expensive either.

charles

thanks for the referral, Mike. Though I don't think you should start with teacup. They are not the easiest rays to take care as they come in small and not very stable.

Like Mike said, motoro type will be a good ray to start.

wmaher2

Thanks

Thnkyou all for your comments. I will heed your advice. What kind of prices does one usually pay for a Motoro? Would it be suitable in my tank?

Stock:
Several less agressive large cichlids ie. Venustus...these guys dont bother anything.
14" Black Arowana
12" Pacu
12" Plec
8" Bichir

I heard Plecs can suck on rays and cause damage...mine is pretty stationary well in the daytime.

charles

a common pleco should not be in with your fish. It will not only suck on the slime of the ray, it will start attacking other fish as well.

if you like pleco, go with wood eater like panaque type.

wmaher2

My plec must be retarded or somthing... He barely moves...so so tame. But I will move hime out to a new tank for so motoros.