Water chiller

T1KARMANN

i have thought about chillers in the past BUT the need to be vented to a outside wall like a air-con unit

or the ones that don't need the out side are dam noisy

my tank hits 92 in the summer with no problems then a 50% water change brings it down to 84 then back up to 92 by the time the next water change is due

just make sure you have plenty of airation and you will be fine

h.l_nathan

T1 i was talking about venting an air con.
my tank is hitting 92 now and its just the begining of summer. Thats with my central air running all day. Once it gets hot here in Montreal the humidex can sometime reach over 110 thats y i worry.

Marius

T1 i was talking about venting an air con.
my tank is hitting 92 now and its just the begining of summer. Thats with my central air running all day. Once it gets hot here in Montreal the humidex can sometime reach over 110 thats y i worry.

Yup, hot and humid.

RTG_Gerry

Super Moderator
Your AC doesn't help? Is it working well? I only ask because we get the same weather here and I don't see any tanks in my house go anywhere near that temp.

h.l_nathan

Your AC doesn't help? Is it working well? I only ask because we get the same weather here and I don't see any tanks in my house go anywhere near that temp.

The ac helps quite a bit.
I think its mostly from my pumps. If i turn off one pump the temp would stay around 86, but if both of them are running it gets to 92.