Wave Maker?

chen88

Super Moderator
Just curious if anyone here with large tanks ever thought of using a wave maker? I've got Four Hydor Koralia 4's in my tank and thought that adding a wave maker might induce additional currents....

What's your thoughts on this?

There's quite a few on the market place for $200-300min

RTG_Gerry

Super Moderator
The LFS I deal with uses wave makers on a couple of reef tanks. If we're talking about the same thing, they move water nicely but I don't see them being a good fit with an aro in the tank. I see collisions happening.

chen88

Super Moderator
Just a thought...and yes it would be for my fresh water tank...just thought 8ft is such a long stretch..collisions wouldn't be a bad thing if it stops them fighting...but for the most part they've stopped since I added in the 9" Albino Tinfoil barb, 17" Gold GG and 3 huge 7-8" Luna Silver Dollars...

h.l_nathan

I have it on my comm tank. hooked up to the close loop. It moves alot of waste to the surface for the sump. No collisions between the aros, but still fightings happening.
So if you were thinking of putting wavemaker in to distract the aros from fighting it only helps in the beginning, but once they get used to it, then the fighting restarts

oshiet

I have it on my comm tank. hooked up to the close loop. It moves alot of waste to the surface for the sump. No collisions between the aros, but still fightings happening.
So if you were thinking of putting wavemaker in to distract the aros from fighting it only helps in the beginning, but once they get used to it, then the fighting restarts

Completely agree!