What do you feed your aro?

jackson

I feed mine serra koi food and hikari stick's as well as shrimp and smelts. I like the seera koi food because it is made mostly from veg and has lots of vitamins. It is also said to prevet the fish what ever it is you are feeding from developing off colours.

Edit sorry it's a green around 17'' not sure.

I also soak all of my fish foods in vitachem.

Last edited:

lo sai

hey yuppa...my aro too is that picky
i give up on catering to it...he/she knows when it is fresh. the day i buy it they all eat and when it sits in the freezer they dont seem to like it (prawns)

arl

6 aros ranging from 13" to 16". Feed once a day. Diet - BEEF heart, 2 packs of beef heart from superstore costing a total of about $5 lasts a week. Sometimes I throw in hikari pellets in the morning, their discus tank mates loves them as well.

danfong88

My aro is not eating too, so cricket is the best? I guess, purchasing some live cricket will do the trick? It has been 3 days now, and she has NOT feed on anything.

G_sharky

I have a 5" RTG
So far it would only eat MP, but I'm pellet training him now....so soon he/she will be on hikari food sticks until he gets some size then he gets to eat some treats....if it behaves well..lol....
I will be feeding it twice a day when it starts to take pellets.....