What filter system would you recommend for a 220 -300 gallon freshwater tank?

skynoch

Can I get some more info of that system.
how many gallons per day?
For 214 bucks i'm considering a few

Gpd would basically be set by the timer and how often you ran it. They are also dependent on the type of filters in the housings. These filters that will be included with this system will give a person more gpd than they will ever need. If a person was to put in some cheaper filters your gallons per day and filter life would be greatly reduced.
Also for people with wet/drys getting this system this would be a great oppertunity for you to incorporate a flood and drain system with this so your biomedia could recieve full coverage instead of just the channeled area

h.l_nathan

sorry my bad. I need an auto drip to do about 100GPD. I already have lines a Tallboy carbon and sediment filter to filter my tap water. Also a Merlin RO available if needed

Bwi

sorry my bad. I need an auto drip to do about 100GPD. I already have lines a Tallboy carbon and sediment filter to filter my tap water. Also a Merlin RO available if needed

so what do you want from us? just the float system?

chen88

Super Moderator
Hrm, maybe I'll pick up one of these units shortly as well as a ro unit too. Lol, wife is going to shit when she fines out my fish has better drinking water then she and the kids.

LMAO chen, she would have flipped ages ago when all those nice rays arrived. Im sure the Either way BWI im getting ur system for sure, its just that i am moving to a larger house soon so i think i should wait till we do that before getting this system installed

chen88

Super Moderator
LMAO chen, she would have flipped ages ago when all those nice rays arrived. Im sure the Either way BWI im getting ur system for sure, its just that i am moving to a larger house soon so i think i should wait till we do that before getting this system installed

Yeah, I guess you're right! Lol

chen88

Super Moderator
Just planning the drip system out before I start drilling and buying!....so the good thing is if I drill a 1" hole in my sump to allow for water to drain out during when it reaches a certain level, even with a power failure and with the drip system running into my tank...it will continue to drain!...I'll probably have the water go from the filter into the main tank directly instead of the sump so that in the event of a power failure I'm still getting some water change happening .....this might be a lot easier then I thought it would have been....

Does it really sound as easy as water from filter goes into tank, once water reaches a certain level in sump it drains out to drain? that easy? damn...if it is I'm going to be kicking myself!.

Still think I'll do water change, just not 2-3 times per week...perhaps once per week? or once per every other week?

skynoch

Just planning the drip system out before I start drilling and buying!....so the good thing is if I drill a 1" hole in my sump to allow for water to drain out during when it reaches a certain level, even with a power failure and with the drip system running into my tank...it will continue to drain!...I'll probably have the water go from the filter into the main tank directly instead of the sump so that in the event of a power failure I'm still getting some water change happening .....this might be a lot easier then I thought it would have been....

Does it really sound as easy as water from filter goes into tank, once water reaches a certain level in sump it drains out to drain? that easy? damn...if it is I'm going to be kicking myself!.

Still think I'll do water change, just not 2-3 times per week...perhaps once per week? or once per every other week?

Basically it is just that simple. The only time I've ever done water changes with my drip is when I'm medicating or a couple of times after a stingray has given birth. There is just no need to do it but allways keep some prime on hand for emergencies.

chen88

Super Moderator
Basically it is just that simple. The only time I've ever done water changes with my drip is when I'm medicating or a couple of times after a stingray has given birth. There is just no need to do it but allways keep some prime on hand for emergencies.

how often did you change your filter floss if you had them in your sump? I figure with a drip system it'll also prolong the life of the filter floss too?

skynoch

My tanks are really not normal since I'm overstocked with rays and they plug up my 7" x 32" filter sock within a day. The good thing is I can leave for a week holiday and even with the plugged filter sock my rays are in great health and my tank looks pretty good. The drip system is a life saver when going on holidays.

chen88

Super Moderator
My tanks are really not normal since I'm overstocked with rays and they plug up my 7" x 32" filter sock within a day. The good thing is I can leave for a week holiday and even with the plugged filter sock my rays are in great health and my tank looks pretty good. The drip system is a life saver when going on holidays.

thats great toe hear..I plan my vacations at the moment around water change of max being away for 3-4 days! ....I too have a tad :) of an overstock tank with all my rays, sd's and aros....