What would your dream aro community tank look like?

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
What would your dream arow community tank look like?

I'll start! :)

A tank about 12 feet long, 4 feet wide and 3 feet high. I'd have 3 Marble Blue Xbacks, 3 Platinum Xbacks, and 3 VFSR. Then 3 quality black rays, a dozen large Geophagus sp., a nice big Tigrinus cat, and 5 or 6 birchirs (P.endlicheri). One flagtail prochilodus, and one Siamese Tiger (D.Pulcher). Have the whole tank filtered with a sump and an additonal cannister. Position near a window for morning sunlight, but would use a UV to kill off algae.

Now THAT would be my idea of a cool aro com tank! :D

homebrewed

Super Moderator
10x4x3 with a deep blue base RTG, a breeding trio of leopoldi (with large perfect spots), and a nice shoal of redhooks/blackhooks/blackbars.

homebrewed

Super Moderator
Thanks. Its an elaborate take off of what I've got with everything upgraded a bit :)

Bigger tank, nicer aro, nice rays and bigger 'hook' shoal :D

jackson

I have my favorite fish at home right now the only thing I am missing are a few high grade Aro's that is all that I need.

ninjaturtle

a comm tank with a green, xb, red, silver, black, rtg, african, jardini, and leichardti
with enough vegetation that i wont have to do water changes... haha

EKen

Super Moderator
I, personally, think that the perfect tank does not exist. I mean, even if I had all I wanted: the deepest Red Aros or the shyniest XBs...A few months or years later I would still want something else, something better. That is human nature, wanting to upgrade is natural. And I think that is what makes this hobby fun.

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
I, personally, think that the perfect tank does not exist. I mean, even if I had all I wanted: the deepest Red Aros or the shyniest XBs...A few months or years later I would still want something else, something better. That is human nature, wanting to upgrade is natural. And I think that is what makes this hobby fun.

Sounds like there is a Budhist in you! :)

While I agree that change is good (it is kind of my logo in life), I still persue a set up that I can "grow old" with. I met an old guy (in his 70's), ran a guest house in Penang, Malaysia. He had this ancient cross back Aro, at least 25 years old. Every night the old man would trundle over to feed his fish, sit next to the tank, and just chill out with his fish. I hope I can find a fish like that one day - more of a pet than a hobby.

ninjaturtle

dream aro comm. is not imporant, what i really wanti guess is a dream aro. a 3-4 feet long one, enough to swallow a cat... any species will do lol

rulaifu

You are right at certain point. But for the ideal aro. comm. tank, I do have my dream there. That will be 2000 gallons. 9 top end aros. (mixed with x-back and grade 1 red), 9 STs, 1 Fei Feng, 1 PNT.

EKen

Super Moderator
Are you telling us a wife can be someone else, another woman becomes your wife? And keep on changing. Come on.

Well of course it keeps on changing. A girlfriend is when you come home, see her and tell her: "Oh I missed you so much!"

A wife is when you come home, see her and says: "Hi honey, where is the diner?"

rulaifu

Well of course it keeps on changing. A girlfriend is when you come home, see her and tell her: "Oh I missed you so much!"

A wife is when you come home, see her and says: "Hi honey, where is the diner?"
It never happens to me. But I do wish it is your life. But again, never let her see your post like this.