What's hot to buy now? Fish wise...

chen88

Super Moderator
Trying to stay with all of you....;)

Might reduce some of my SD's to add in some other fish....have 3 BD's (1m2f), with 2 more Big spot WC Female BD's on their way next week (13"dia)..going to stick with all BD's in my tank.

Just looking for a change of fish potentially to add with the Pang Long Aros and BDs and BB SDs.

Gars are too risky to put in with my Aros....so no go...

.......:confused::confused:

Last edited:

EEYY

Trying to stay with all of you....;)

Might reduce some of my SD's to add in some other fish....have 3 BD's (1m2f), with 2 more Big spot WC Female BD's on their way next week (13"dia)..going to stick with all BD's in my tank.

Just looking for a change of fish potentially to add with the Pang Long Aros and BDs and BB SDs.

Gars are too risky to put in with my Aros....so no go...

.......:confused::confused:

Mid-water level fish, no matter what they are.

Last edited by a moderator:

rudy

yeah....perhaps a bolt cat...heard they like to swim often
I wish I could find some videos of my old guy. He was probably 14 inches and acted like a red tail cat. They are awesome. I am not sure why everyone is so hestiant to get these guys!

cheon

I Dono I just threw in a Florida gar 6-8 inches think it'll be okie if the rays and aro are bigger so they dont have appetizing appeal to him when he gets bigger and they only get 2 feet long takes lik 2 years I believe. Also I threw in some frontosas there pretty humble chiclid and some geos.

Last edited:

bcarlos

Honestly Chen, since I moved my rays I've been wrestling with the same question. I think I'll be going the rare pleco route-- maybe a large L25, or a huge blue eye-- which, with your rays you obviously can't risk.

chen88

Super Moderator
Honestly Chen, since I moved my rays I've been wrestling with the same question. I think I'll be going the rare pleco route-- maybe a large L25, or a huge blue eye-- which, with your rays you obviously can't risk.

Always wanted a blue eye pleco but like you mentioned...risky for rays

skynoch

There are lots of plecos that are ray safe. I like to keep the smaller plecos with my baby rays.

bcarlos

There are lots of plecos that are ray safe. I like to keep the smaller plecos with my baby rays.

If there were some driftwood, he might be able to pull it off. I mean with a blue eye, it's a necessity. I have seen some ray tanks in Asia with large pseudas (L24, L25, etc), and I'm sure lots of people pull it off with no problem. I know I wouldn't do it!

Last edited:

rudy

I never saw the fascination with Blue eyed plecos. True story a few years ago I found one for 30 dollars in Golds and put it on aquabid and got 1900 from a guy from Hawaii. It was the furthest I have ever shipped anything. He had to spend a whack load of money on permits....for a pleco. To each his own I guess!

CanadaPleco

do NOT put any panaque especially large ones in with any ray. They will chew it to shreds, trust me from experience on this one... NOT cool! Pseuda I have had no problems with.

POTAMO-DIRECT

My suggestions are

1) Add a "true flash zebra" cat....they seem to
be much harder to find than tigs ... Gold with black banding!! A gold varient of brachyplatystoms jurenese!

2) a couple indo pacific tarpon... Mine don't bother the rays and get along with aros!!

b-man

^nice suggestion! but i don't think it would go well with his current setup

my advice would be to add a J-spec (ultra straight & clean lines) or a high variant pattern tig.