Photos of July 29 Panda aro arrival

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Greens; there were requests for a couple this order.

I can remember the day about 12-13 years ago when some 18 inch greens in Vancouver sold for $3000 each! :)

North_falcon

1 red just dead.

He didn't make on his second day. The other 3 are doing good. He is weak from day one.

When he arrived he start swimming head dwn , tail up. After a few hours, he looked ok. But I should say he was not really swimming, always hiding behind the pipe.

Today he looks worse, but still alive. I phoned my friends and tried to get some helps. But finally he's gone.

Attachments

• DSC00346.jpg
    DSC00346.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 541

chen88

Super Moderator
sorry to hear of the lost...hopefully you get some compensation....hope the other 3 are doing well.

EEYY

He didn't make on his second day. The other 3 are doing good. He is weak from day one.

When he arrived he start swimming head dwn , tail up. After a few hours, he looked ok. But I should say he was not really swimming, always hiding behind the pipe.

Today he looks worse, but still alive. I phoned my friends and tried to get some helps. But finally he's gone.

A. Sorry to hear that.

Is this red from the recent dragonfish.ca shipment?

m_class2g

Sponsor
any tankmates that might be bugin the aros? if that FF is quite big, id take it out.

also, try to lower the water level and keep the space small for small aros. they feel more comfortable.

otherwise. good luck with the rest of the aros. sad to see one in that condition.

North_falcon

any tankmates that might be bugin the aros? if that FF is quite big, id take it out.

also, try to lower the water level and keep the space small for small aros. they feel more comfortable.

otherwise. good luck with the rest of the aros. sad to see one in that condition.

No tankmates hurt him and no tankmates can hurt the aros. All large aros are removed to other tank before ponda arrival. FF is not big. Water level is ok. The other 3 aros are doing well and happy.

On thing I noticed is the red just died is the smallest. It is only 5".

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
I am in Europe now, just checked email, replied to you with lots of different questions.

In the past we had fish arrive after shipping which swam head down, tail up; we asked Mr.Kan what to do and he said to put the fish in a separate tank and to drop water level down to a couple inches so the fish could just rest with its head on the tank bottom. After one week of this treatment the fish began to swim normally and made a full recovery. Apparently it had something to do with the swim bladder and adverse reaction to the shipping process.

I am sorry to hear of your loss. Although I can not offer you a replacement fish for free, I will offer you one below cost; I am willing to forego any profit I made on that fish and pay it towards a replacement for you. We are arranging both Panda and CV Maju orders, so you have a choice. We can communicate further on the details by email.

I will also discuss the issue with Mr.Kan.

This is the first time a fish has been lost by an owner so shortly after arrival. In the past it has always been due to tank jumps or airline mishap. In the case of tank jumps there is not much I can offer; when Westjet messed up, we paid for replacement fish %100.

This is an unusual situation and I am open to suggestions as to how to resolve it such that you are satisfied.

Last edited:

North_falcon

I am in Europe now, just checked email, replied to you with lots of different questions.

Here are the answers to your questions:

This is a tenecor tank, 80"x36"x36". It's about 450gal. It used to host one 14" hbrtg and four 13" slivers. PH is 7.0. Temperature is set to 82 when new aros arrived. I removed the large aros into another tank. And I am trying to sell them .

All new four aros are kept together.

In this tank, I only keep 1 FF, 40 feeder guppies, 3 gold fish.

I didn't feed the fish for first two days.

I worry this died aro from day one. When he arrived he start swimming head dwn, tail up. After a few hours, he looked ok but still have difficulty on balance. always hiding behind the pipe. He was floating not swiming.

Then I set up a small tank with salt for emergency.

I asked my nanny watch him while I am away from the tank. Then she told me the aro started to float belly up. When I arrived, the aro is still alive. I took him out and put him into the small tank. It doesn't help much.

He died right in front of my eyes.

The other 3 aros are doing good. They are healthy and happy.

In the past we had fish arrive after shipping which swam head down, tail up; we asked Mr.Kan what to do and he said to put the fish in a separate tank and to drop water level down to a couple inches so the fish could just rest with its head on the tank bottom. After one week of this treatment the fish began to swim normally and made a full recovery. Apparently it had something to do with the swim bladder and adverse reaction to the shipping process.

I've set up a small tank with salt. But I didn't set the water level down to a couple inches. I guess he was exhausted when controlling the balance.