New stingray pickups.

tman

Super Moderator
Picked this male/female up from the airport on Friday. Thanks to "m_class2g":) for smooth transaction. Rays where eating the same night I picked them up! I can't wait to see how the patterns turn out as they grow! Female has more of the leo traits and the male more of the pearl traits(check out the tails!). Love the spots on the outer edge of the male. Best of all is they have the black ray blood and I didn't have to sell my house to buy them! LOL

Attachments

• IMG_0017.jpg
    IMG_0017.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 1,049
  • IMG_0023.jpg
    IMG_0023.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 1,058
  • IMG_0025.jpg
    IMG_0025.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 1,052
  • IMG_0027.jpg
    IMG_0027.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 1,019
Last edited:

m_class2g

Sponsor
nice rays!

i like the flagtail on that female. just like a leo flagtail with white dots! i cant wait to see what they develop into in a few months time!!

tman

Super Moderator
Nice, good luck with the pair.
Thanks

nice rays!

i like the flagtail on that female. just like a leo flagtail with white dots! i cant wait to see what they develop into in a few months time!!
When it's bigger and blacker you don't get to buy it back! LOL

Congrats! Nice pickups!
Thanks

Nice addition to your evergrowing collection. Future stunners!!!
Now I need you to come build me a big tank like yours!!

m_class2g

Sponsor
lol. maybe some pups then!

youll need a big tank soon with all the rays you have! any updates on the leos?

tman

Super Moderator
The progression

Update! Male poses better then the female.

Attachments

• IMG_0007.jpg
    IMG_0007.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 955
  • IMG_0016.jpg
    IMG_0016.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 946
  • IMG_0022.jpg
    IMG_0022.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 929
  • IMG_0018.jpg
    IMG_0018.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 926
  • IMG_0015.jpg
    IMG_0015.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 955
Last edited:

tman

Super Moderator
Progression

Just shy of 8 months later. Should grow a little faster as they are in the 450 gallon. They are darkening and the spots are whitening. I am starting to like the female even more!!
IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

Last edited:

exoticaquaria

great job raising the pair so far! you picked 2 great ones from my hybrid import last yr. hopefully one day she can be mixed with a bd male. that would make for some outstanding pups!!!

btw, we see lots of pics. how about a video!???

tman

Super Moderator
:(Not much luck with videos but I finally got the male to face forward!:D I don't mind at all but these are the slowest growing rays I have had and I think it may have something to do with the pearl genes.
IMG_0004-2.jpg

tman

Super Moderator
Update:Female still dark but spots haven't whitened up yet. Still to early to say they won't. Can you see the face in between her eyes? Where's waldo? Pretty cool! Male has lightened up in the sand only tank and the spots keep getting whiter. Not to many hybrids with such white spots without the black background. This is going to be a cool looking male when he gets older!

IMG_0011520x390.jpg

IMG_0015520x390.jpg

Last edited:

exoticaquaria

Update:Female still dark but spots haven't whitened up yet. Still to early to say they won't. Can you see the face in between her eyes? Where's waldo? Pretty cool! Male has lightened up in the sand only tank and the spots keep getting whiter. Not to many hybrids with such white spots without the black background. This is going to be a cool looking male when he gets older!

IMG_0011520x390.jpg

IMG_0015520x390.jpg

wow these turned out amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

great job giving them such good TLC!

i want them back lol. this is a pair i really regret selling!