Dec 11 update

chen88

Super Moderator
Decided to regroup new Video with better photos taken this morning....enjoy...

Current Inhabitant

10 Pang Long Aros (6 Diablo Red, 2 Absolute Gold, 2 BlueXB)
5 XXL Black Bar Silver Dollar
1 Lince Cat
4 Black Diamond Stingrays (1m/3f)
4 C.Kelberi

Aros are approx. 15-19"
BBSD's are approx. 9-10"
Lince is approx. 18"
Male BD is approx. 20" Diameter
Female BD's range from 14-20" diameter..

VIDEO

IMG_9141.jpg

IMG_9134.jpg

IMG_9131.jpg

IMG_9127.jpg

IMG_9115.jpg

IMG_9112.jpg

IMG_9111.jpg

IMG_9106.jpg

IMG_9104.jpg

IMG_9088-1.jpg

Last edited:

chen88

Super Moderator
Kelberi's just got home today....so far so good...but aros were having a field day with them a couple of hours ago chasing and biting them....one's hiding in the corner now but the rest seems to be fine....we'll see how they make out by tomorrow morning. no damages so far but all the aros were biting or nipping at them...maybe it's a initiation or something like that. Aros were just fed this morning very early and should be full but maybe don't like new company.

exoticaquaria

nice stock chen! everyone has grown a lot! makes you tank looks small now lol.

my rtg left my kelberis alone right off the bat but my st went for them. a day or 2 of chasing and all is well. the only chasing now only happens with the bigger kelberi chasing the smaller one. the balck bar dollars look amazing. i should have kept the 3 big ones i brought in.

any signs of breeding from the larger bds?

chen88

Super Moderator
The male claspers are getting big :). I'm hoping for real action in the near future instead of the foreplay. The kelberis are nive looking they only had 5 but one f them didn't look the best of shape so I took the four. Yeah, tank looks small now! Lol. I'd sell all my aros but one if I could find one buyer! :)

chen88

Super Moderator
Some added photos....the Kelberis definitely added some colours to my often dull looking tank

IMG_3402.jpg

IMG_3454.jpg

IMG_3455.jpg

IMG_3457.jpg

IMG_3458.jpg

IMG_3459.jpg

Last edited:

chen88

Super Moderator
great looking aros! colors very nice.

the kelberis are a nice addition to your tank.

Thanks mike, it was your slight nudge and photo of yours tat made me jump at it! I more nudging ok! Lol

All 4 Kels are swimming all around and have been accepted by their new family!

The only thing I'd like to have now woud be a few nice STs. Ok, won't be greedy, just one..for now

exoticaquaria

Thanks mike, it was your slight nudge and photo of yours tat made me jump at it! I more nudging ok! Lol

All 4 Kels are swimming all around and have been accepted by their new family!

The only thing I'd like to have now woud be a few nice STs. Ok, won't be greedy, just one..for now

i can help you in the ST department. but wont be until next spring, when im back from asia, that i will try to bring some in!

chen88

Super Moderator
Ok, as you know they need to be fairly big or else they become fish food. :)

When r u heading overseas?

hondas3000

The red turn out very nice Chen. You are lucky that Kel is cheap over there. A mono bass here would cost more the kel there for same size.

exoticaquaria

Ok, as you know they need to be fairly big or else they become fish food. :)

When r u heading overseas?

im heading over to taiwan first and then hk. should be departing 1st week of feb. maybe a side trip to either thailand or malaysia and look around for fish lol.

exoticaquaria

The red turn out very nice Chen. You are lucky that Kel is cheap over there. A mono bass here would cost more the kel there for same size.

lol yea tell me about it. very good price for the kelberis. gah. eric emailed me 2 days after i paid for my kels from the states. only toronto seems to be reasonably priced now. i bet these bass were eating too much at the LFS lol.cost more to feed than keep.

hondas3000

lol yea tell me about it. very good price for the kelberis. gah. eric emailed me 2 days after i paid for my kels from the states. only toronto seems to be reasonably priced now. i bet these bass were eating too much at the LFS lol.cost more to feed than keep.

I would love to get some too, but I can't never keep them alive. Already kill 4 in the pass :mad: 2 got kill by my $10 silver.

exoticaquaria

I would love to get some too, but I can't never keep them alive. Already kill 4 in the pass :mad: 2 got kill by my $10 silver.

Yea pbass may look mean and aggressive but theyre actually wimps. Even my loach chases the bass when they get to close to his fav spot under the driftwood. Lol.

chen88

Super Moderator
Yea pbass may look mean and aggressive but theyre actually wimps. Even my loach chases the bass when they get to close to his fav spot under the driftwood. Lol.

Lol, funny on your lach..he's a big sob himself.

The Kel was cheap because they were on consignment and the owner wanted quick sale.

homebrewed

Super Moderator
Some added photos....the Kelberis definitely added some colours to my often dull looking tank

Shame on you, Chen :p

Amazing how every level of that tank is utilized. That school of blackbars is something else.

Very nice :)

Which is the one aro you'd keep?

chen88

Super Moderator
I'd probably keep the biggest Absolute Gold xb. He's pretty amazing. Yup, pretty much all levels have something going on!