Dec 11 update

exoticaquaria

hope our kelberis turn out this like!!! which strain are your kelberis chen? locality?

297294042_7d5f1a53db.jpg

chen88

Super Moderator
I think they will. I've seen Jims at the store and they look nice.
Also Howard ANSI have potential family members so hope to see an update on Howard's kelberis too

exoticaquaria

I think they will. I've seen Jims at the store and they look nice.
Also Howard ANSI have potential family members so hope to see an update on Howard's kelberis too

howards kelberis are really nice. i think we need updates from him lol. going to bug him. hope hes in town.

chen88

Super Moderator
Just looking at the bass now they are in my tank. It's funny how big they look at a lfs and than look so small when inside my tank. They are the smallest fish in there now...just have to fatten then up.

exoticaquaria

yup im trying to get my bass bigger as well. feeding them a ton of floating pellets and massivore. twice a day and they are still hungry.

chen88

Super Moderator
yup im trying to get my bass bigger as well. feeding them a ton of floating pellets and massivore. twice a day and they are still hungry.

I don't feed anything floating in my tank as they all go into the sump. They took in some massivore today, not much as they have to fight through 10 aros, 5 sd's and a pack of rays...lol...

Last edited:

exoticaquaria

hahahaha. yea i like feeding sinking when i can. same reason as you. also when the pbass hits the surface for food right beside my aro or st, the bass freaks out the other guys a bit. the pbass will hit the food so hard and it doesnt matter what is in the way of them and food lol.

hope our kelberis turn out this like!!! which strain are your kelberis chen? locality?

297294042_7d5f1a53db.jpg

Those kelberis should look atleast like that. They are the same batch from Taiwan f1 born last spring. The biggest one I have it about 18". They don't grow as big as other pbass, I believe even with 900gal tank they will max at 24"

Still, under the same environment, they grown up into different size, the 5 pbass I have started in same size around 2" and they are in simlar size till they reach 9", then some grow slower than other. The small one I have now is about 12". And the smallest is more aggressive than the bigger pbass.

I will update the pic soon.

Howard

exoticaquaria

I guess we all have the same kelberis from taiwan!

Yea we need pics howard! I hope mine will max at 18. Thats big enough for my tank lol.

chen88

Super Moderator
howard, what have you been feeding your Kelberi's? Mine are taking massivore a tad now but it seems that once they hit the bottom of the tank they don't near it....

They all have pellets only, u will soon know those kelberis has no interest towards MP even earth worm.
Right now they eat mainly massivour, I dont throw at once, I divide into maybe 8 times within 1-2mins.
My kelberi only go for the bottom when they are hungry.
For the past 3 months I feed my 900gallon once every two days

exoticaquaria

I find that with mine too. Wont eat from the bottom. Lol. Picky guys. Good thing we have the rays to clean up after them! Chen does your lince eat massivore? Im glad the bass dont like mp. That way my slower to eat st is still able to feed. The bass eats like theres no tomorrow!!!

chen88

Super Moderator
The lince is a shop vac, more like a Dyson as it eats none stop and yes all massivore. Absolute pig with the rays.

Last edited:

Joey

Beautiful tank Chen!

Loved the fact that i have been along for the ride since you set it up. Jaw dropping the whole way threw!

bcarlos

Wow, it's crazy how much your stock has grown, Chen. Everything looks great.

Give me a shout if you plan on unloading some of those aro's, I might be interested in 2 red's to go with mine at home. I'm having a hell of a time getting mine onto a steady massivore diet. It'd be nice to have some other aro's to help convince mine :)