market prawns for arowana?

cape

I have read a lot of people suggest feeding aros market prawn. Just wanted to know which type (brand?) is best for a 6 incher? Also, any tips on the best place to purchase them in Markham/Toronto would be great! :) thanks.

chen88

Super Moderator
No specific brand, just price! Cheap mps from the Chinese markets (2-3 bags for $10). For aros at that size, peel shell and cut into small pieces until they can eat it.

No specific brand, just price! Cheap mps from the Chinese markets (2-3 bags for $10). For aros at that size, peel shell and cut into small pieces until they can eat it.

Totally agree, but don't feed tiger shrimp it's harder for aro to digest and to chew it

exoticaquaria

For my aro and rays i buy white shrimp headless from the fresh section in tnt supermarket. Previously frozen but a lot fresher than the ones come in packs. As howard stated, its softer than tiger prawn. Cheaper and fish are more willing to take these when training.

cape

thanks for the replies. Regarding the fresh (non frozen)white shrimp, are you talking about the ones on ice and you pay by weight? If so, is there any concern about bacteria or disease?