1200 Gallon from BC :)

hondas3000

lol, not sure I have alot to teach. Money has allways been the one thing keeping me from my ultimate filter system. I started out with what I needed when I first started my big tank and have been slowly adding things once the rays have gotten bigger but I wishI would have bucked up the money at the start and got a rolling drum filter. If Mike would stop bringing in fish that I have on my want list I may be able to get this filter someday. Make sure you order in a spare diaphram kit for your hiflow airpump. I'm pretty much maxing out an ap100 for mine and when mine went I could not get another diaphram kit out soon enough so I had to pick up another ap-100. Oh well have lots of air power now. I'm also using the k1 media and the biochips in my reactor and love the simplicity of it just not happy enough with my mechanical at the moment. I could up my horsepower for a bigger pump on my sandfilter to get the filtering finer but the cost increase would be better off saving for a rolling drum filter then I only need a low head pump and can save on money. Sooo many options to look at when getting equipment. It's also cheaper for us to drip hot water than use electricity to heat out tanks in Alberta so now I'm looking at running my cold portion of a drip through a water/air heat exchanger on my furnace for air conditioning and that will also preheat the water to the tank.

wow you are using ap100? I was looking at ap60 you think its enough? The problem with my setup is that my I have a limit of gph pump I can use as there is only two 2" intake and because of sump spacer so the water is not flowing fast enough to keep up with strong pump and therefore create less current then I want but it save power. So I was thinking of adding a few hydor 6 or 8 power head but then it might not stick well with the 1" plywood that I have. As for drip system you can do like I did, and you can pretty much use any tank size to hold the flower water from main tank to spare tank first before flow to the drain. This way the spare tank temp is always at tank temp and have your drip line fold up as many loop as you can the longer the better as it get more time to submerge in your spare tank before enter into the main tank so it will save a few degrees and by a few degree you can save a lot on electricity. So basically you use drain water to heat up the drip line and if you can use copper line for drip line it will heat up even better.

exoticaquaria

feeders and those cichlids dont belong lol. nice aros and rays though. a nice shoal of golden dorados would be an impressive sight in that tank.

hondas3000

feeders and those cichlids dont belong lol. nice aros and rays though. a nice shoal of golden dorados would be an impressive sight in that tank.

Feeder all got eaten already. but some how the 3" convict survive :). I want them too but only if you can grow them out MIke :). I do like the color on dorados though.

hondas3000

so here is the short video of it, still not complete on tank work yet as I am busy taken the old one apart. That pacu can eat dog food crazy :).

chen88

Super Moderator
maybe mike can consider moving to ontario....LOL

its not like you guys don't know we are the centre of the universe.

hondas3000

so some monster equipment just arrive.

Attachments

• Picture 013.jpg
    Picture 013.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 570
  • Picture 014.jpg
    Picture 014.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 595
  • Picture 015.jpg
    Picture 015.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 579

hondas3000

much better setup than your old tank.

Last build was in a rush and people on monsterfishkeeper over rate for liquid rubber and I have no time to research so nothing I can do much. Now I have more time that is why its taken me few months build and still not completely done yet.

Looks awesome love to see it one day. Such a big tank I could only dream to have but have to settle for a bunch of smaller ones lol

hondas3000

You have some nice looking stock! Good work!

Thanks, I been collect it slowly over the year, and have pretty much keeping all kind of fish but settle down for aro and ray.

Looks awesome love to see it one day. Such a big tank I could only dream to have but have to settle for a bunch of smaller ones lol

yeah I start out with a bunch of small one tank and it is so much work compare to just one tank

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
My advice would be to rehome the lower value rays you have (motoros, hybrids) ,or at least make sure none of them are males. Then concentrate on breeding black PDR/BD/Leo rays. I bet you could do pretty well.

Your tank looks very clean by the way. :)

hondas3000

My advice would be to rehome the lower value rays you have (motoros, hybrids) ,or at least make sure none of them are males. Then concentrate on breeding black PDR/BD/Leo rays. I bet you could do pretty well.

Your tank looks very clean by the way. :)

That is my plan, it just my black ray they are still young so I just enjoy breeding other for now.