2007 Trip Home to Malaysia

chen88

Super Moderator
Took the family back to Malaysia for home visit back in 2007....I might head back there with family this 2011 for a couple of weeks but first need to set up water changer! lol (family staying for the summer) for wife's fathers birthday...so I'll be sure to visit more places for fish photos...here are some araprima's and gator photos I took from a gator farm in Sandakan, Malaysia (Wife's home town)...also home to one of the world's leading Orangutan Sanctuary...

these Araprimas were around 6-7ft and were fed who chickens! apparently one XL chicken each per day! same food as the Gators!
IMG_6699.jpg

IMG_6700.jpg

IMG_6702.jpg

IMG_6730.jpg

chen88

Super Moderator
yeah...I missed feeding for that day or else I'd take some and they would have let me throw in the chicken..

chen88

Super Moderator
Yup but grew up here (kindergarten). Worked in Malaysia between 1992-1998 on the trim tower project before coming home.

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Those arapaima look so healthy! So much better than most I've seen
in various public aquariums or even fish farms. Are those a mix of gators and crocs??

chen88

Super Moderator
Not really sure, i think they are crocs and perhaps not gators since it's so close to the ocean

hondas3000

is there anyway we can stunt the grow on Araprimas so we can keep them here :). I want them so much but their size reject me.

chen88

Super Moderator
they've got workers watching out for visitors!....scared little kids might get to close to the crocs and perhaps the araparimas...lol

JMorash

Haha I just read my post and I said "all crocs..gators and salties.." That didn't make sense. I meant to say, "niles and salties" haha. Anyway, still great pictures!