230 Gallon Diablo Red and Discus - update

Boydo

This is my first attempt at an aro discus tank. It has been very successful so far, I hope it continues to be. This is an 8 inch Diablo Red 4 months from tag date, with some unique features. Discus are standard quality Cobalt Blue x4, Fuji Apple x 2, Tangerine Dream x 1, Checkerboard Pigeon Blood x 2.

DR230.jpg

DR230-3.jpg

DR230-1.jpg

hondas3000

seem like the discuss is doing fine as color still bright. Maybe your aro still small so there is no stress for discuss yet. Very nice red though, color is already on the cheek for a 8" fish.

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
This is the second aro-discus tank we have had on the forum. Forum member Arl had a nice aro-discus tank a while back too.

I love your cobalt/blue diamond discus, super sharp colour; as do all the fish. :)

Boydo

Nice Bret...how about a full tank shot!

Thanks, I was thinking maybe a video!

seem like the discuss is doing fine as color still bright. Maybe your aro still small so there is no stress for discuss yet. Very nice red though, color is already on the cheek for a 8" fish.

Thanks!

This is the second aro-discus tank we have had on the forum. Forum member Arl had a nice aro-discus tank a while back too.

I love your cobalt/blue diamond discus, super sharp colour; as do all the fish. :)

Thanks, I really hope this works out as the fish get bigger.

mareshow

Banned
I think you'll be ok because he's been in there from a young age. When i had my black in with some wilds and domestic discus i never had any problems but like you i had them together from a young age. so hopefully you're as lucky as me :D either way i really like it and wish my diablo was that tolerant lol

aro7

wow great looking diablo...cheeks are already pretty red. would love to see how this fellow develops.

n yes a video would be awesome!

hustler

Amazing fish bro..... Im WAY too scared to attempt this mix Great job.
That arow is gonna be killer if he is that far at 8"...... I havent seen a red around like that in alberta since DFI had the chili reds years back..... AAA+++

BM80

Amazing diablo, can't believe the colour already at such an early age, definately gonna be a kick ass fish when older.

RDFISHGUY

I had the priviledge to see this tank in person on the weekend and the pics are almost as impressive as the real thing. This is a gorgeous tank. I found myself staring at it more than the 550 gallon. Its an occular orgasm.

It was nice to meet you Marek.

Brett, thanks for all your hard work on getting my ray and my lights. The size is very impressive. Nice collection you got for yourself.

RTG

Beautiful Discuss and Diablo! =) I've been hearing a lot of this tank. Any chance of us here getting full shot of the tank and more pictures Bret? =D