315 Gallon Setup - TITAN AQUATIC!!! Part II

exoticaquaria

315 Gallon Setup - TITAN AQUATICS!!! Part II

I have a client that wants a new tank for his big super red aro, widebar datnoid and future stingrays. So where else to order besides Titan Aquatics? http://www.titanaquatics.com/

Tank was delivered in perfect shape and looks great! Furniture grade stand was custom made by David, Honda 3000. You can even see his new monster tank in the background lol. Thanks David!

Specs:
315 Gallon Tank - Manufactured By Titan Aquatic
- 7 Feet Long x 3 Wide x 2 High Premium Acrylic Tank (Black bottom and back acrylic)
- 150 gallon custom sump - 5 Feet long x 2 Wide & 22 inch High
(Bacteria House,Bio Film Media, Ceramic Rings & Crush Coral)
- 1000w Jehmco Heater & Controller
- x2 Reef Octopus - Water Blaster 7000's
- 1 Hydor Koralia Magnum 6
- 1 Hydor Koralia 4
- Hiblow 20 Air Pump
- APC Backup Power 1500

Here is the link for the previous build:
http://www.arowanaclub.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=4399

I'm basically constructing an exact replica of my 315 gallon tank. Tank, stand, sump and misc equipment are in place at his house. Now to do the plumbing this coming week!

Here are some pics to get this thead started!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Last edited:

chen88

Super Moderator
great stuff Mike! and David too!. wished we had resourceful guys like you two over here!

Last edited:

hondas3000

I am a builder so building something strong and pretty is very easy for me, but building water proof is a challenge for me but I did make it happen. this is like mike twince everything is exact the same even fish, the only different is that he have red aro and Mike have gold, oh and a big fat lazy loaches.

exoticaquaria

lol thanks guys!

def keep titan in mind for your next show tank. they have been more than pleasant to deal with!!! i speak my honest opinion. i would not refer otherwise.

chen88

Super Moderator
With the lack of time due to work like many of us, to have guys like you in Ontario that can setup a tank like that would be awesome! Off course not that we can't ourselves but timing or lack of is beneficial to others !

exoticaquaria

With the lack of time due to work like many of us, to have guys like you in Ontario that can setup a tank like that would be awesome! Off course not that we can't ourselves but timing or lack of is beneficial to others !

lol. with work, school, imports, maintenance, shipping, setting up tanks... and a gf, theres def not enough hours in a day but i like keeping myself busy. im doing all this while the weather in vancouver is horrible lol. when the rain goes away, itll be time to enjoy summer!

hondas3000

lol. with work, school, imports, maintenance, shipping, setting up tanks... and a gf, theres def not enough hours in a day but i like keeping myself busy. im doing all this while the weather in vancouver is horrible lol. when the rain goes away, itll be time to enjoy summer!

Since my monster build start, I haven't got time to do anything myself, but as long as it keeps raining in BC then I don't mind busy as I will get bored with the raining weather anyway.

exoticaquaria

2 new pics. excuse the poor pics from my phone.

plumbing almost done and water blasters in place. had a minor set back. one of the bulkheads lost thread and has to be replaced. besides that, tank should be operational by the weekend.

photo.jpg

photocopy2.jpg

Last edited:

exoticaquaria

few more pics. tank and sump done. connections completed. there is water inside tank and stand to water test for a few days.

photocopy5.jpg

photocopy3.jpg

photocopy4.jpg

exoticaquaria

moved his big red aro in today. tiger was added a week ago to cycle the tank lol. just need to add his uv and power heads then all finished.

photo-2.jpg

photocopy4-1.jpg

photocopy5-1.jpg

photocopy2-1.jpg

photocopy3-1.jpg

exoticaquaria

need like 8 more aro in there :).

haha. 1s enough! its only a 7x3. i don't think an aro comm will be ok in a tank of this dimension for life. however, there are plans for a black diamond pair to finish up the stocking!

here is a video. water is a bit cloudy since we were moving media around in the sump. should clear up in a few days time.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2-GKULNXTY"]315 Gallon Custom Tank Setup - Clients' Tank - 07242012 - YouTube[/ame]

exoticaquaria

Arowana is still the same, RED. He now has a pair of breeding black diamond stingrays, another pair of their offsprings, 2 super red severums and a sidebar datnoid.

I'll try to get more pictures soon.