315 Gallon Setup - TITAN AQUATIC!!!

exoticaquaria

so today i got my water blaster 7000 pump. i was very excited to get this thing going so i tested it in my tank first. didnt want to go through all the hassle to set it up only to be disappointed in the end result. turned it on. WOW. amazingly quiet. i couldnt be any happier. lets hope they last a while! then again with a 3 yr replacement warranty from goreef.com, what can go wrong lol. theres a union on the output nozzle of the pump which made it super easy to connect my hosing. the current is decent. rated at a lower GPH than the quiet one but im sure with 2 of them running, it will be sufficient. the other one is set to arrive next week. the water blaster pump is also much smaller than the quiet one and much lighter. i cant wait to set that one up so my 300 gal will be crystal clear. great pump!!! Its definitely worth the money i paid!!! A+++

IMG_4477.jpg

waterblaster1.jpg

exoticaquaria

i love this pump! its even more quiet than my hiblow airpump!!!

heres a few more pics.

i still have to get my other pump hooked up and uv installed and i think im finally done with this setup!

DSC_1614.jpg

DSC_1594.jpg

DSC_1595.jpg

rudy

Mike,

Looks awesome. Wondering about these water blaster pumps? so you use two or one for circulation. I have never heard of them and am interested in some new pumps

exoticaquaria

chen,

thanks! after doing a hard plumb on the 210, i decided to go with flexible this time. its a lot easier! no more messy gluing and it just makes things easier if i need to modify my setup.

rudy,

i have 1 in there right now. im going to be using 2. just waiting for the 2nd to arrive since they had 1 left in stock when i ordered. 1 is not enough to run a 300 gal for sure. im pretty sure yours is a 300 as well correct? they are a bit pricey but worth every penny so far! dead quiet and pretty compact in size. what are you currently using? i spent 200USD on the 2 previous quiet one 9000s that im now selling at a loss. these water blaster pumps cost $260CDN plus 12% HST each from goreef.com. i was skeptical about just dropping more money on pumps but another forum member has 3 of them and is very happy with them so i decided to go for it. goreef.com also explained the 3 yr warranty that these pumps have. since goreef is their distributor, they take care of all the warranty issues. just send the broken pump back to them and they will send a replacement! cant get any better than that!

i have a hiblow 20 that i purchased recently and the water blaster pump is equal to or not even louder than the airpump. amazing. only sound i hear is the water tricking into my sump. thats about it. hardly anything!

Last edited:

rudy

Thanks Mike and I am ordering. I have been using 2 mag 1200s however ones burned out and I am looking for a change. I will run one and one and lets you know how it goes. My tank is 300 gallon and I think one pump would be ok at 1800 gph or so as I can notice a difference in nitrates when one shuts down. The main reason however using two pumps is no matter how good they are they always for some reason have issues and shut down. Fail safe.

Noticed the wattage is half of a mag so for the extra cost you will save it in electricity.....count me in

chen,
rudy,

i have 1 in there right now. im going to be using 2. just waiting for the 2nd to arrive since they had 1 left in stock when i ordered. 1 is not enough to run a 300 gal for sure. im pretty sure yours is a 300 as well correct? they are a bit pricey but worth every penny so far! dead quiet and pretty compact in size. what are you currently using? i spent 200USD on the 2 previous quiet one 9000s that im now selling at a loss. these water blaster pumps cost $260CDN plus 12% HST each from goreef.com. i was skeptical about just dropping more money on pumps but another forum member has 3 of them and is very happy with them so i decided to go for it. goreef.com also explained the 3 yr warranty that these pumps have. since goreef is their distributor, they take care of all the warranty issues. just send the broken pump back to them and they will send a replacement! cant get any better than that!

i have a hiblow 20 that i purchased recently and the water blaster pump is equal to or not even louder than the airpump. amazing. only sound i hear is the water tricking into my sump. thats about it. hardly anything!

exoticaquaria

im glad you are purchasing the water blaster pumps! you will be very happy like i am! yup thats why i went with 2 pumps instead of just 1. you never know when one will quit. doesnt matter how good/reputable some pumps are, after all, they are electronics in the end! i have high hopes for these water blasters though.

exoticaquaria

heres a video. ill need to upgrade the lighting on the tank but this is how the setup looks like so far. a few more things to tweak and itll be all finished.

These are the upgraded specs of the tank:

315 Gallon Tank - Titan Aquatic
- 7x3x2 premium acrylic
- 150 gallon custom sump (Bacteria House & Bio Film Media)
- 1000w Jehmco Heater & Controller
- x2 Reef Octopus - Water Blaster 7000s
- Coralife Turbo Twist UV 36w
- 1 Hydor Koralia Magnum 6
- Hiblow 20 Airpump
- APC Backup Power 1500

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fTyeIBBB2U]Exotic Aquaria - 315 Gallon Titan Aquatic Tank - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

DragonD

LOVE this tank. I am having a sump made this weekend to match yours. Now all I need is a nice RTG and im good to go

rudy

Mike,

I set up the water blaster today. Ridiculously easy pump to use. I did a slight mod on the intake and elbowed it down but that is it. Silent and pushes what seems to be a lot more water than the Mag. At 60 watts being half as much as the mag this seems to be an easy choice

exoticaquaria

Mike,

I set up the water blaster today. Ridiculously easy pump to use. I did a slight mod on the intake and elbowed it down but that is it. Silent and pushes what seems to be a lot more water than the Mag. At 60 watts being half as much as the mag this seems to be an easy choice

yup! good investment right!? good idea to mod the intake. i didnt even think of doing that until you mentioned it. any pics to show how mod!? i think i should do the same. its dead quiet for such a powerful pump huh. much more enjoyable to be in the same room when the setup is quiet.

i got 2 of mine running now. just need to install my check valves and thatll be that.

rudy

I can explain the mod then take a pic tomorrow. Looks like a pain but really not

Buy a 1 inch union joint and just use the threaded side of it. You can actually fit a 3/4 inch elbow and glue it directly into the union (I did this so I did not want to have the length of the 1 inch). Then I just cut a 3/4 inch pvc down to about 3/4 inch before the sump bottom.

exoticaquaria

I can explain the mod then take a pic tomorrow. Looks like a pain but really not

Buy a 1 inch union joint and just use the threaded side of it. You can actually fit a 3/4 inch elbow and glue it directly into the union (I did this so I did not want to have the length of the 1 inch). Then I just cut a 3/4 inch pvc down to about 3/4 inch before the sump bottom.

ok ill wait for pics lol.

i think ill try to get the mod done as well. even though the water level of the pump compartment is pretty good, just to be on the safe side when im on vaca.

are you running 2 for your 300 gal? i find that i still have to add a koralia 6 in the tank for more circulation. reason being i have 2 Y outputs from each overflow that are 1 inch. the flow is not as strong once it exits the loc lines.

rudy

ok ill wait for pics lol.

i think ill try to get the mod done as well. even though the water level of the pump compartment is pretty good, just to be on the safe side when im on vaca.

are you running 2 for your 300 gal? i find that i still have to add a koralia 6 in the tank for more circulation. reason being i have 2 Y outputs from each overflow that are 1 inch. the flow is not as strong once it exits the loc lines.
I run 2 pumps and 2 koralia 6 power heads. All the fish I keep come from rivers so I doubt anything I will put in there I will compare.

exoticaquaria

Ahhhh good to know. I tried the koralia 8 alone and it was just too much flow. Even my rtg couldnt swim properly against that current. Ill do a 6 and 4 on both ends of the tank and see how that works since i have a spare 4. Maybe ill have to do 2 koralia 6 if its still not enough!!!