16.8 KB · Views: 379
  • parts3.JPG
    parts3.JPG
    13 KB · Views: 384
  • pump.JPG
    pump.JPG
    15.7 KB · Views: 406

exoticaquaria

Thanks for the pics! Not derailing at all. Appreciate the mod idea. Ill have to find time one of these days to get it done! Looks easy enough!

CanadaPleco

So are you still liking the Water Blaster pumps? I'm in the market for a couple new ones for my 300g as well. have a reeflo on it now that is way too loud, bought some quiet ones but they are loud so into the fish room they went :(

Specs on the water blasters look pretty good!

exoticaquaria

ive gotten 2 other people to to buy a set each of the 7000s from goreef.com

they have been more than pleased! myself as well. they are great and when i say quiet, they are quiet. my tank is next to my tv in my living room so i needed a pump that is near silent.

Juice604

big pimpin !! worth every penny (and there were a few pennies along the way ) !@! ;)

a christmas present for yourself bro !!

exoticaquaria

thanks guys! i took that video right after a wc. small debris still floating around but cleared up after lol. still waiting for a koralia 6 to arrive and i think that will help a lot with pushing the small particles into the overflow. i think one more black ray and this tank is full. sigh... i should have gone bigger. but that means id have to get rid of my tv, or buy a smaller one to replace the current one lol.

exoticaquaria

so here i am lifting the heavy lid back and forth, fixing things inside, putting fish in etc etc. so why not DIY a lid stand. i used 1.5 inch pvc cut to size with some cut outs and heres the final product. makes it a lot easier instead of having to slide the lid or lift it completely off the tank which would make my floor all wet.

DSC_1862.jpg

DSC_1864.jpg

i also moved a few things around inside of the sump. i initially had jap mat in the end compartment where the pumps are but the small fragments of the blue material kept getting sucked by the pump and i would have to keep netting it out in the main tank. i shifted the jap mat after the first compartment and put in regular sponge in the last. uv is running from the pump compartment, with a rio 2500.

ive had a few pms about my sump so here are some better pics for those that asked. enjoy.

DSC_1838.jpg

DSC_1841.jpg

DSC_1840.jpg

DSC_1843.jpg

Last edited:

exoticaquaria

my bio film media in the second compartment is finally flowing freely. just happened overnight. it took about a month before these things started to float around like they are suppose to!

DSC_1866.jpg

rudy

Mike I changed to the second Water blaster and all I can say is wow. My tank is DEAD quite and seems to push as much or more water than the magnums. I am sold!

exoticaquaria

Mike I changed to the second Water blaster and all I can say is wow. My tank is DEAD quite and seems to push as much or more water than the magnums. I am sold!

thats great news! glad they are working for you. so far so good with mine as well! the person who bought the 300 gal tenecor tank from me that came in DOA is using 2 water blasters on it as well. i think i will be sticking to this brand from now on!

chen88

Super Moderator
So are you still liking the Water Blaster pumps? I'm in the market for a couple new ones for my 300g as well. have a reeflo on it now that is way too loud, bought some quiet ones but they are loud so into the fish room they went :(

Specs on the water blasters look pretty good!

I also have 2 external Reeflo Snappers...not only are loud but also generate lots of heat. I think I might redo my sump plumbing this spring/summer warmer weather.

Last edited: