Nan_Light_Ballast-1.jpg

Same fish before using nan light
Without_Using_NanLight-1.jpg

Same fish after using nan light
On_NanLight1-1.jpg

Last edited:

chen88

Super Moderator
saw these guys at work at Lucky the other day...really really brings out the colour of red aros...unfortunately my guys are too small for that right now...but works good..

EEYY

Just found out that UPS would charge $25 for packing the nan light(s).

ie shipping fee / packing fee / insurance / tax.

kman

r these lights intended for long term tanning or just turn on for regular viewing anytime ??

kman

It is for tanning purpose specifically. Mainly for red color based arowana.

how many hours per day do i need to tan my sr??

anyone here tan their sr for how long each day and have anyone noticed any improvement in colouration??

EEYY

how many hours per day do i need to tan my sr??

anyone here tan their sr for how long each day and have anyone noticed any improvement in colouration??

I would say 1 - 8 hours per day.

For myself, I would turn it on during "non-peak" hours to save some money.

EEYY

It would be good especially when your red arowana's color is starting to show.

ie I guess it might be at size 10"+

EEYY

Another suggestion: You could tan the arowana longer during weekend rather than week days as Sat. and Sun. would be considered "non-peak" electricity usage hours. (in Toronto) :)

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
I've been in email contact with Eric for a while about these lights; I want a couple more for my tanks and so will be ordering some in. For those of you in BC this is the perfect time to combine orders. ;) Likewise I am going to order in some more Bacteria House from Eric too. :)

chen88

Super Moderator
What's the number of hours these nam bulbs are rated for? And are replacement bulbs available if so how much?

Im still back and forth on these lighting? Have spare for me to test Eric? :).

EEYY

I've been in email contact with Eric for a while about these lights; I want a couple more for my tanks and so will be ordering some in. For those of you in BC this is the perfect time to combine orders. ;) Likewise I am going to order in some more Bacteria House from Eric too. :)

For those in BC Vancouver area who might want to get nan light(s) but want to pay no extra shipping cost, please feel free to contact "Cirrus" (Theo) as he will collect your order.

For those who is located out of Vancouver area (but still in west coast), buyers might need to pay city-to-city shipping cost. Theo will provide further information regarding the shipping cost.

For west coast viewers, please PM Theo.

Thanks.

EEYY

For those in BC Vancouver area who might want to get nan light(s) but want to pay no extra shipping cost, please feel free to contact "Cirrus" (Theo) as he will collect your order.

For those who is located out of Vancouver area (but still in west coast), buyers might need to pay city-to-city shipping cost. Theo will provide further information regarding the shipping cost.

Minimum order size (for me to ship):
- 50 nan lights
- 20 boxes (142 pieces per box) of bacteria house media

For west coast viewers, please PM Theo.

Thanks.

Last edited:

carcrazy

I just got my nan light today and it works great for bringing out the red colors. I guess I'll have to test it for a while to see if it makes a difference in tanning the aro. In the past I was just leaving the blinds open once a week and chancing algae. The lights are better. Thanks Eric.

EEYY

I just got my nan light today and it works great for bringing out the red colors. I guess I'll have to test it for a while to see if it makes a difference in tanning the aro. In the past I was just leaving the blinds open once a week and chancing algae. The lights are better. Thanks Eric.

Not a problem. Good thing is that I can now firmly say that UPS can safely ship the nan light to the buyer.

If it is needed, buyer can hook up with a timer to control the on and off time range.

SRiad

Off Topic but may I ask where would you place the lights at? I might be interested, Thanks in advance!

EEYY

Off Topic but may I ask where would you place the lights at? I might be interested, Thanks in advance!

Could be in 3 ways:

- on the side (inside the tank)
- on top of the tank (inside the tank)
- on top of the tank (outside the tank)

A lot of hobbyists in Asia would choose the first way to do.

carcrazy

I tried on top but not enough light was passing through the glass for my liking. I next placed it inside the tank on the front 1" down from the top, works much better and is in fact water proof (at least so far). I guess I'll leave it there, the suction cups are holding on.