Arowana human shy, please help.

yamany

I have a 2 years old chilli red aro in a 180 gallon tank. Its used to be very active at my old place in a 120 gallon tank. Since moved to a new place ad transfer him to a 180 gallon tank he is very shy and stay in one corner when I walk by, only swim when no one is around. I do water change 25% every week, temp, PH is fine . Does anyone have the same problem or any tips?

Joey

Arowana tend to feel more secure in a smaller tank at a smaller size, but at two years of age, he should be ready for a 180gal.. what size is he?

ever think of adding some dither fish?

bcarlos

Try lowering the water level, increasing the temp and water flow. Also, turn the lights off/reduce the time the lights are on. I've found that it helps if there is a central fixture in the tank-- a piece of driftwood, usually. It might take him a bit to get used to his new space, but he should be fine.

yamany

He's about 18". I did add a tinfoil barb last week but the arowana keep jumping so I think he didn't like to share tank with any other fish plus he always by himself sine baby.

m_class2g

Sponsor
when that red aro was young, he lived with clown loaches, stingray and indo dats.

when i bought him from someone, he lived in my 180 gal. super aggressive and def not jumpy what so ever. would try to kill anything i put with him. i wondered what happened after you bought him?

yamany

not too sure what happen but I think I moved him a few time, so I think he need time to settle . He's healthy eating well but just not stable.

IMG_2436.jpg

Last edited: