arowana & stingray

what a year i have with arowana keeping!!!

My red aro jumped the second time within six months, this time it jump right infront of me, it is lucky it didn't fall right direct to the tile, but it fall into my large pot of plant, so the injury is not vital, just afew scales off, and 5 different spots of injuries.

second case, believe or not, my 14" gold aro got sting by stingray atleast a month ago, and a 1.5inch of stinger just came off his body today. A month ago i found a wound on my aro, it seem like an internal inffection and it was like alittle bit swollen between the scales, then i went on a trip for 20 days, yesterday i return and i found out there is a white sharp piece growing out from the wound then i thought it is a scale growing outward. And today that piece had fall off and it is a 1.5inch stinger from my stingray, it had been in my aro's body for like a month.

i don't know what to expect next.......

James Sananikone

Keeping Aro and Rays is a Great and Peaceful hobby...

It's Sad to hear that you have such a hard time ...

Wish you all the best and a better Year 2010 with a lot of Success ...:)

Joey

Rays/aro tanks have there ups and downs. sorry to hear your bad luck.

Its amazing how the aro lived with the rays barb in it for so long. any signs of secondary infection? i take it you didnt notice any activity patterns change in the arowana? how big was the ray?

the aro has being swimming normal, it eats for a few day then stop eating for a few day.
it didn't eat for 4 days before the stinger got off today. the aro is with a pair of leopodi, around 9-10" disc size.

i will try to post the stinger tomorrrow.

this is the actual stinger, it was all poke in the body near the pectoral fin

Attachments

• ABCD0017.jpg
    ABCD0017.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 550

yamany

Ouch, at least the aro is fine and still swimming. Hopefully your aro will fully recover soon.