Be careful the combination of small turtle and larger arowana ...........

snow

I think that guy feed them on purpose for some odd reason because after the first turtle went he kept on filming and didn't try to get the turtles out. If I saw that I would have put down my camera and fished those turtles out before it was to late...

carcrazy

Why would anyone put such a tiny turtle in with a large aro? They are feeder size! My soft shell turtle is about 5" long who shares the tank with a 10" green aro and 6" oscar. Everyone seems to be getting along just fine. There used to be 7 silver dollars in there as well but the turtle killed two of the larger ones. The remaining 5 were moved to another tank and are doing well.

m.m

thats chinese softshell turtle when they were small the shell is not that hard than you guys think.

chen88

Super Moderator
Aros would eat all types of critters in the wild including small turtles and frogs/ lizards. Frogs and lizards have extremely sharp claws as well, but they seem to make it in and out. :).

carcrazy

I really like my chinese soft shell turtle and would not like to see him get eaten but to each his own. I'll stilck to mp, sw and massivore sticks.

homebrewed

Super Moderator
I really like my chinese soft shell turtle and would not like to see him get eaten but to each his own. I'll stilck to mp, sw and massivore sticks.

Either fish food or bottom of the soup pot out there for soft shells. They are bred by the millions out east and a few lucky ones make it into the hobby as pets.

Mine is awesome. Piles of personality unlike most other species of turtles

hustler

I heard some guys feeding crawfish to super reds for the carotine..... And thats a tough sharp shell to say the least...
Those poor lil softies would be like a soft little blood sac at that size not much different than a pinky mouse, rubber boned snacks for sure.