Channa Barca priced to sell...

JMorash

Hey,

My tank leaked, and water leaked into the condo below me, and while I'm not sure what the final outcome will be, I have a wild feeling this will result with me having to give up my fish tank. I got away with no big upsets for 4 years now, but the streak is over in a bad way.

If anyone can offer this guy a tank that has at least a 5'x2.5' footprint, I will let him go for $1500 plus shipping. I paid $3000 + tax for him as a 14" fresh import. He's now 22" at least and perfect. He's big, bold, beautiful. Has perfect fins, and is very colourful. Eating NLS colour enhancing pellets, Hikari Massivore pellets, and crickets like a champ. He has been successfully housed for 6 months with several good sized bala sharks, torpedo barbs, rainbow fish and clown loaches with no problems, which is rare for this species.

Anyway just PM or email me at [email protected]. That price is firm, otherwise I have a broker who will pay that much, or I can keep him with a friend until I figure out another solution.

Thank you,

Justin Morash

tomuhs

Agreed sorry to hear about the leak and having to give up your prized possession. Great deal.

GLWS

-DC-

Sorry to hear about the leak, I wish i had he extra cash to spend I'd love to have a barca!

Joey

Oh man... that's too bad.

Wish i could help.

If you need housing, let me know. I might be able to figure something out.

Last edited:

exoticaquaria

Someone should jump on this rare opportunity to own an extremely hard fish to obtain. Also, I was told that snakeheads in general will be banned from import starting from April.

JMorash

I know everyone is going to hate me, but here's it is...

Because I live in a condo and there is no mention of fish tanks in the bylaw, they cannot make me get rid of it. Plus I have insurance to cover any damage. If they change the bylaw, I would be grandfathered in.

Importing Channa will be illegal in April, I was informed of this today. I doubt there will be another one available ever. As there are only a few even in Canada. There has been a bidding war started, and prices keep going up. I'm not convinced I want to sell him anymore, but if you are interested. Make an offer, I'm open to it.

exoticaquaria

I know everyone is going to hate me, but here's it is...

Because I live in a condo and there is no mention of fish tanks in the bylaw, they cannot make me get rid of it. Plus I have insurance to cover any damage. If they change the bylaw, I would be grandfathered in.

Importing Channa will be illegal in April, I was informed of this today. I doubt there will be another one available ever. As there are only a few even in Canada. There has been a bidding war started, and prices keep going up. I'm not convinced I want to sell him anymore, but if you are interested. Make an offer, I'm open to it.

I would just keep him! :)

tman

Super Moderator
Nice Barca and sorry to side track but does anybody have a link stating the ban of importation of snake heads into Canada? I don't see it anywhere or at least not for Alberta.

tman

Super Moderator
Looks as only Channa striata is susceptible and the rest just require a permit.

Last edited: