Check this out.

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
I have been really busy lately, just read this thread. I am left feeling surprised, and sad. Once more a reminder to everyone NOT to sell Asian arowana into the USA or any banned species...anywhere.

chen88

Super Moderator
or even entertain any discussions as such as you never know who you are communicating with. I was contacted by a MFK user complimenting me on my setup and then joking with me that he wished he has aros....a few posting later he pm me asking if i knew where he could get some....after saying that they are banned in the US he asked if I would consider selling one to him if he came to pick it up....thought that was odd considering some of his posting said he was from the West Coast....

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
If I had a dollar for every request to sell an Asian arowana into the USA I would have a lot of money. First question I always ask is: where are you located. If it is the USA, standard answer is: Asian arowana are 100% illegal in the USA. Then I stop communicating with the person. This is a very old pattern for me.

An important question I have, however, is what are the consequences of selling a fish to someone in Canada who goes on to smuggle it into the USA? This is an issue that could affect all of us Canadian aro keepers. How far should the due dilligence of the seller go in making sure the fish is not destined to be smuggled?

exoticaquaria

Or how about frts? I dont import them. I find them from local hobbiest/sellers and ship them within canada. Can i be held liable even though im not the one importing? Maybe i better stop transhipping frts!

The only fish i sell to the usa are stingrays but to legal states only. I have even driven a few across the border but always claim them with us fish and wildlife before i continue into the usa with the rays. What if these buyers from legal states decides to sell these rays from me to a person in an illegal state? Will i be held responsilble?

I have had a few usa people ask for asian aros but never entertain those individuals. I dont even sell asian aros to begin with lol.

chen88

Super Moderator
Yeah, I wonder what's happening with Jim? Maybe I'll drop by this weekend to see if he's still around.