Chen88's Feb 2013 Update

chen88

Super Moderator
Ok...been awhile since I uploaded some pics...woke up early to take some before heading into the office...sorry for some of the crap inside...they had a big dinner last night and stirred up the poop when I switched on the lights. Absolute Golds are still continuing to dance with each other...usually when light is dim but is awesome to see...azd1 was here to see them as well. all else is good....everyone eats like a pig so I only feed massivore every 2-3 days and MP's to the golds once per week. "IF" nothing happens with pair of golds although they dance often by July/Aug I'm taking the divider out....been dancing since Oct 2012....

St's around 16-18", CT's around 12-14", All Arounds are between 17-20", Rays are all between 18-22"

IMG_0764_zps2789d53c.jpg

IMG_0763_zpse922392c.jpg

IMG_0758_zps76edb320.jpg

IMG_0773_zps126a9bf8.jpg

IMG_0771_zps94f267b8.jpg

IMG_0749_zps839af12a.jpg

IMG_0739_zpsb1acb49e.jpg

IMG_0731_zps145514da.jpg

IMG_0729_zps908912f9.jpg

IMG_0728_zpsf19e06df.jpg

IMG_0718_zps80c5c24a.jpg

IMG_0769_zps359f5026.jpg

IMG_0755_zps87cc57f9.jpg

IMG_0754_zpsed720d71.jpg

IMG_0713_zpsb5b0cd76.jpg

chen88

Super Moderator
its amazing how rays keep the bottom of your tank clean!...the partition section where my golds are dancing are always dirty from tiny particles from waste...but the other side where the rays are are clean ad polished...LOL...it goes to show you how much the rays stir the bottom up!...can't wait to let them swim the entire tank again!

exoticaquaria

yea you're right chen. i noticed the same. since i sold my rays, there is a slight build up of gunk in the bottom far corners lol. mostly just beside the overall chamber. rays are great that they kick up all the debris.

hondas3000

its amazing how rays keep the bottom of your tank clean!...the partition section where my golds are dancing are always dirty from tiny particles from waste...but the other side where the rays are are clean ad polished...LOL...it goes to show you how much the rays stir the bottom up!...can't wait to let them swim the entire tank again!

Yeah my clean up so well that even food only last 30sec on the bottom. No sign of pregnant yet Chen?

chen88

Super Moderator
Yeah my clean up so well that even food only last 30sec on the bottom. No sign of pregnant yet Chen?

I've given up on the Rays! LOL....actually the smaller female that I thought was prego (saw them do the deeds in Aug last year) might now be prego!. Her disc was continuing to be bitten by the male for a long time but it has since stop in Jan and starting to heal with no further biting...and her back looks to be carrying...with a fat underbelly....so if she's prego it might be in mid march to end of march....MY problem is I'm heading to Malaysia March 14th to the 25th for the Malaysia F1 grand prix so if the litter comes out I'm not home...might need some local bro's to help out....my wife and kids are home!

chen88

Super Moderator

I've given up on the Rays! LOL....actually the smaller female that I thought was prego (saw them do the deeds in Aug last year) might now be prego!. Her disc was continuing to be bitten by the male for a long time but it has since stop in Jan and starting to heal with no further biting...and her back looks to be carrying...with a fat underbelly....so if she's prego it might be in mid march to end of march....MY problem is I'm heading to Malaysia March 14th to the 25th for the Malaysia F1 grand prix so if the litter comes out I'm not home...might need some local bro's to help out....my wife and kids are home!

Thanks all for the kind comments....sorry I don't update much...busy with work and terrible at photos...so best not show photos that makes my fish look bad! LOL.

hondas3000

well if you are not home or don't have divider for the female the pup might get eaten. It happens to me once since my leo/bd is an aggressive eater so all I end up is a cloudy tank and no pups. Lesson learn so now I scoop the female out if I know she is pregnant.