Community Tank Update - April 2012

exoticaquaria

Here is a small update of my community tank for April. Changed a few fish around. Sold my kelberis since they were just getting too big and would outgrow this tank by the end of the year. Instead, I added a new ray to the community. Nicknamed "peanut" because of her peanut patterns on her back. Now consists of 1 male and 2 female rays. My BD pair from last year is growing nicely. Female is now about 14 inch and male 13 inch. I hope to see some breeding activity closer to the end of this year which will make them a little over 2 years old. The new BD is only 9 inches. She has some catching up to do! I actually like it without the bass. I don't have to feed as much pellets to the rays and the tank looks cleaner without so much bioload! Aro, dat and loach are still there!

DSC_3873.jpg

DSC_3885.jpg

DSC_3916.jpg

DSC_3922.jpg

DSC_3937.jpg

Dis

very nice. your tank is spotless. Do you scrub the bottom of it? My bare bottom tanks are usually a mess

hondas3000

Mike tank is always clean, not this just this one but all of them. I think his parent is doing it for him hehehe. Who is picking on your Dats Mike? it looks beat up. Your loaches is scare, since the ray is taking all the bottom floor. Time to send it to my tank.

exoticaquaria

thanks guys! the overkill filtration really helps with the clarity of the water. also the bacteria house media really polishes the water. i just do 1 wc per week at 50 percent of the tank volume 150 gallons. the sump also holds 150 gallons and its enough to keep the tank clean.

my aro beats on the dat and vice versa lol. rtg does get torn fins from time to time. the rays bug the loach lol. actually bites on the loaches tail fin, thats why they are so short!

tomuhs

Very nice Mike!

That Dat is a beast! One day hopefully can own one as well...

Love the Arowana statue as well. Care to share where you got that from? Would love one to weigh down my tank lids.

exoticaquaria

thanks theo! peanuts got a really nice pattern. unique print.

tomuhs, the statue is plastic. really light actually. it was a gift about 10 years ago. I've been looking around everywhere since and i could not find anymore. dat is around 17 + inch. he's a big guy and gives my aro a hard time on occasion lol.

exoticaquaria

thanks guys! ill update again in a month or 2. hope peanut will grow to size! she's getting a little bit nipped by the larger bds. nothing too serious but there are noticeable sores on her disc because of the love bites lol