December 2010 Update

chen88

Super Moderator
Hi all, sorry haven't been around much due to work crunch...with Christmas just around the corner there's no end in sight so I don't I'd better post a couple quick updates of my tank....no further new stock as I'm letting my current grow out first...but always on the lookout for something nice! :)

I will upload a couple of videos today...all Aros range between 12-15" (2 Absolute Gold, 2 BBXB, 5 Diablo Reds), Rays range between 13-18" (1 male Henlei, 1m/2f BD)

STQ_7883.jpg

STP_7882.jpg

STN_7932.jpg

STH_7926.jpg

STF_7872.jpg

STP_7908.jpg

STB_7866.jpg

Here's a couple of vids

Last edited:

AroNoob

Nice set up and great reference for me cause I am planning the same size tank you have. Didn't you have black tubing for your diffusers before? Any problems with the Silver Dollars nipping at fins?

Thanks,

Ron

chen88

Super Moderator
Wow! Awesome comm!

Thanks Gerry...they're all moving along very well...trying to keep to a routine feeding regiment of MP every other day with Hikari Massivore in betweens and not feeding.

Nice set up and great reference for me cause I am planning the same size tank you have. Didn't you have black tubing for your diffusers before? Any problems with the Silver Dollars nipping at fins?

Ron

by diffusers are you referring to the bubble disks? if so yes but the ones for the bubble disk was not the greatest when bent so I used the lighter blue for now....the bubble bulbs have the black tubings...

Thanks,

AroNoob

Yeah, I was referring to the bubble disks. BTW, the body and head shape of the Diablo in the first pic is exact what I will be looking for when I'm ready, great stuff!

hustler

Awesome chen, Im really Impressed.
You are getting some great growth out of them as well :)
Congrats

Great looking aros, rays and tank man love to have your collection. Would be great to have a nice aro community with mostly reds like that and a few nice xb's

skynoch

Great comm tank. I can see why you are just growing out for now as everything looks perfect. Thanks for sharing. How's the temp in your tanks been lately with the new drip?

cheon

Wow that is 1 boss set up!!! Thats exactly my dream tank u have I swear that's how I picture it.clean with black and black frame .wow!!! don't tell me it's in the wall ?!?!

chen88

Super Moderator
Great comm tank. I can see why you are just growing out for now as everything looks perfect. Thanks for sharing. How's the temp in your tanks been lately with the new drip?

Temps good...I've had to put out one of my 1000 titanium heaters now with the drip system but at a constant 85 degrees. alls is working very very well with the drip!

Wow that is 1 boss set up!!! Thats exactly my dream tank u have I swear that's how I picture it.clean with black and black frame .wow!!! don't tell me it's in the wall ?!?!

Nope not in the wall, was thinking about building a wall around it but decided otherwise.....thanks.

here's a side shot as you can see it's a tank with stand and cabinet...the pictures above was just taken at night so the cabinet was in the dark.
IMG_3246.jpg

Last edited:

AroNoob

Temps good...I've had to put out one of my 1000 titanium heaters now with the drip system but at a constant 85 degrees. alls is working very very well with the drip!

Nope not in the wall, was thinking about building a wall around it but decided otherwise.....thanks.

here's a side shot as you can see it's a tank with stand and cabinet...the pictures above was just taken at night so the cabinet was in the dark.
IMG_3246.jpg

Nice clean set up....and the tanks not too bad either, lol.

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
We share the same tastes in chairs Chen, I have a Stressler too, but mine is green. :)

It looks like you have some doughnuts on one of your BD's. Those are worth quite a bit I hear.

chen88

Super Moderator
We share the same tastes in chairs Chen, I have a Stressler too, but mine is green. :)

It looks like you have some doughnuts on one of your BD's. Those are worth quite a bit I hear.

Love the stressless....it's a starter for me as I wanted another collection but didn't have the space anymore....yeah...gotta love the doughnuts coming out....just like a Timmies doughnuts...:)

Very impressive setup and collection!

:D:D:D

Thanks Bret