eclipse rays

h.l_nathan

I tried ordering from Mike from H2O, but i guess he thinks that i dont have the $ to buy, so he nevered return my mail. Does anyone here have other contacts to get them and at what price.

chen88

Super Moderator
Mike's always return emails...that's odd ...perhaps he's really busy and or away on vacation...Eclipse rays range between $5K-over 10K depending on markings....USD as well....so they might also not be readily available but should try him again...

Last edited:

EEYY

I tried ordering from Mike from H2O, but i guess he thinks that i dont have the $ to buy, so he nevered return my mail. Does anyone here have other contacts to get them and at what price.

I know 2 or 3 hobbyists in Toronto having Eclipse rays at this moment.

Let me check it out and PM you a price. Most likely the potential buyer would be asked for at least 50% as deposit. Shipping cost would be extra for out-of-Toronto buyer.

Please be expected that they are pricey.

:):)

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
I just got email from the guys at www.freshwaterstingray.nl

It looks like I will be visiting them next month as part of a family visit to Europe :)

Provide me with photos if possible of exactly what you want and I can see what I can source.

I have long planned to import p-14's from them, so the $800-900 US shipping could perhaps be divided up somehow. Problem for me is my big tank won't be filled with water till the spring I think, so it is a bit early for me to organize such a group order. :(

When it comes to organizing this kind of thing, I am always up to a challenge... ;)

Still, it would probably be better if EEYY can connect you with a local source.

Marius

I just got email from the guys at www.freshwaterstingray.nl

It looks like I will be visiting them next month as part of a family visit to Europe :)

Provide me with photos if possible of exactly what you want and I can see what I can source.

I have long planned to import p-14's from them, so the $800-900 US shipping could perhaps be divided up somehow. Problem for me is my big tank won't be filled with water till the spring I think, so it is a bit early for me to organize such a group order. :(

When it comes to organizing this kind of thing, I am always up to a challenge... ;)

Still, it would probably be better if EEYY can connect you with a local source.

No offense, Frank's prices on rays makes it easier for one to just go down in Brazil and fish them out of the Amazon. Seriously, his stock is top notch, but the prices are in Euro :cool:, and they have no problems selling them. That's one thing I like about Europe, more than the population of North America in driving distance from each other :D

h.l_nathan

Marius u in town... I tex u the other day but you didnt reply. thought you were out of town...
Theo just get me the price. you know if i like something i'll buy it, as long as i dont feel like im getting rip off.

EEYY

If there has one or two available in Toronto, are you planning to pick it up in person OR pick it up at cargo terminal nearby you? Clearly, only if the price is right for you.

Montreal or Vancouver?

Marius

Marius u in town... I tex u the other day but you didnt reply. thought you were out of town...
Theo just get me the price. you know if i like something i'll buy it, as long as i dont feel like im getting rip off.

Sorry, been busy with the baby, just read your text last night but I judged it to be too late to reply. I'm here, never left, you want me to take a look at the aro?

EEYY

I should have an answer very soon. Please check your PM later on. :)

hondas3000

it happened to me too, when I ask about ray he does reply my first email but when I want a pair male and female and ask for the shipping cost, he just never reply back and I don't border email him either. I guess he doesn't have it in stock like he said he does or he doesn't want me to breed them. Or he think I am not serious enough.

Marius

it happened to me too, when I ask about ray he does reply my first email but when I want a pair male and female and ask for the shipping cost, he just never reply back and I don't border email him either. I guess he doesn't have it in stock like he said he does or he doesn't want me to breed them. Or he think I am not serious enough.

They are either pre-sold, or by the time he quotes you the price on an eclipse, most buyers run away :D. He's expanding his facility in NY to house more rays. If you really want a pair David, give him a call and talk to him, better to get in touch than online, he's probably lost in the hundreds of emails daily.

EEYY

They are either pre-sold, or by the time he quotes you the price on an eclipse, most buyers run away :D. He's expanding his facility in NY to house more rays. If you really want a pair David, give him a call and talk to him, better to get in touch than online, he's probably lost in the hundreds of emails daily.

The reason is tough to find rays these days, on top of that, I would "gusss"

- some of them were dead due to transportation (ie flights are unexpectedly delayed) or due to not know-how to get the rays starting to eat during the first week of arrival.

- Out of the surviving rays, importers kept some of those with better quality for breeding purposes.

- Most of them are being shipped to Asia (ie Japan and Taiwan) and less would be available to North American markets.

- prices kept changing every single day.

:rolleyes:

Marius

There are few clients that would shell out 5k+ a piece for adults, especially those thousand island :D, forget about cheap unless one goes for simple leos.

h.l_nathan

Marius 5k+

for that price i'll buy you a ticket to come with me to south america and tranlate for me. when the leo rays are in season and (Party),So if the ray that i chose arrives DOA i would still be ok about it.
There are few clients that would shell out 5k+ a piece for adults, especially those thousand island :D, forget about cheap unless one goes for simple leos.

Marius

for that price i'll buy you a ticket to come with me to south america and tranlate for me. when the leo rays are in season and (Party),So if the ray that i chose arrives DOA i would still be ok about it.

If we go down there we'll bring enough to pay for the bills and have something to show for. It's harder to get to move, but if we'd get organized that would be an idea :)

h.l_nathan

I think if I do go it would be more for the girls and the party. I think i'll probably forget about the rays...( too piss drunk to remember)

hondas3000

I think if I do go it would be more for the girls and the party. I think i'll probably forget about the rays...( too piss drunk to remember)

hahha, if its for girl don't you think its expensive to spend that much? Its really bad that we don't have any ray breeding facility here in Canada, otherwise price would be much cheaper with the shipping cost, and Canadian dollar is much better then currency exchange.