Golden Dorado, Salminus maxillosus

At first i have no intersest toward this fish, because i heard it only eats feeder fish, but today i saw it at dragon king and they all eat floating and sinking pellets.

therefore, I am thinking to keep a 5" goden dorado with my 12"aro and 8"leo in 220gal, is anything i should be caution with?

Anybody have experience with this fish?

thanks

homebrewed

Super Moderator
I have no experience in the fish tank but I have eaten them. If it does give you trouble they are quite tastey

m_class2g

Sponsor
they are easy to feed. mine ate pellets. they are really skittish like african tiger fish. they are better in groups but you need a huge tank for that. i got rid of mine because it kept scaring the aro when i come close to the tank.

RTG_Gerry

Super Moderator
I have never kept them but have read how they become extremely aggressive as they near adult size. I'm not sure I'd keep the species with a prized arowana.

i heard they move alot, and grow exetreme fast.
now, i have to think twice as they could become very aggressive, i don't want anything happen to my aro or stingrays. i am not going to worry about tank size as i am getting 670gal next year and should have it run by 2011.

i expect the delivery date around april. because i am planning to move around 2010-2011. therefore i don't want to redo the setup twice. when the tank arrive it will sits in the garage.