Help ID my stingray

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Forum member Skynoch had a number of Pearl/motoro hybrids for sale a while back out of Edmonton. Perhaps you have one of his?

rudy

It is Mantilla ish if it is wild caught. I have also seen cb "super spot" motoros look like that. If it is cb I would say it is a lower grade super spot. Higher grade ones have yellow spots. I will post a pic tommorow

No Pearl in there.

m_class2g

Sponsor
mine was a henlei x marble motoro. nice looking ray tho! im sure with age, this will be a good looking ray!

iamfrontosa

hi.. i bought this one from a reputable fish store here in calgary (if anyone wants to know where send me PM). i bought it as a henlei. not sure if it was wc or cb. i paid $400 for it. i feel like i just got hit in a ding. thanks all.

rudy

hi.. i bought this one from a reputable fish store here in calgary (if anyone wants to know where send me PM). i bought it as a henlei. not sure if it was wc or cb. i paid $400 for it. i feel like i just got hit in a ding. thanks all.

I know where you got it now and have seen them before. Personally though I think $400 is an ok price for that fish and know that the person who sold it to you was sold it as a Henlei from their transhipper (who has done that before with the same species). Basically meaning I dont think it was an intentional error.

They are super spot sp. Hybrids

iamfrontosa

Thank you. I didnt even know what Mantilla rays look like until today. I didnt think I have a henlei, and only wanted to be sure. So that when I decide to sell him, I know not to state him as a henlei ray.

skynoch

Nice ray not mantilla or henlie but a hybrid. Really hard to pick out the parentage but almost looks like it could have henlie and motoro in it

rudy

Here is the grade a quality super spot.

Attachments

• marble.JPG
    marble.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 518